TBM 930 Throttle stuck in right position after Sim Update 5

With the throttle in the high idle position on the right side… hold the left mouse button on the throttle and right-click at the same time. It will then move to the left side.

1 Like

I have this same issue with a Logitech X52 HOTAS. I have followed the instructions earlier in the post to use mouse to left click over the throttle and the right click to move it to the left. However, after a few minutes the throttle automatically moves back to the right. This happens weather I’m on the ground or in the air.

for me it is instant, as soon as I release the mouse, the throttle snaps into the “idle low” position. I reported a bug, since I can 100% reproduce it, by unplugging my TCA Quadrant from the PC, which then returns normal functionality. As soon as I plug in my device again, the throttle snaps to the idle low position again. When the device is plugged in, I cannot use the hold left click and tap right click solution given here in the thread. My device is updated the the latest firmware v1.69.

What do you have bound to it? Could be that a prop setting is bound to that control…

I use SPAD.neXt for my controls and have posted a video how to make it work perfectly TCA with the TBM…

If you have any rotaries or the slider bound to what would be the prop lever and mixture/condition lever on any other plane, make sure that both of them are set to full forward before the flight and leave them there.

This method has worked for me, but recently it stopped working. Now holding left mouse button, clicking the right mouse button causes the throttle to move briefly from high idle to taxi, but then immediately moves back to high idle. So I don’t regard this method as a solution, it is a fix which may, or may not, work. I haven’t been able to fly the TBM for days now, because of this issue. Asobo needs to revert the behaviour to pre SU5.

1 Like

Found a workaround worth to try. My finds are with saitek TPM assigned to throttle, mixture and prop.
On startup it seems throttle is stuck in reverse without a way to move forward property.
All is needed is a single click on the keyboard for “throttle increase” (or was it “decrease” , can’t check as I’m AFK for the next 3 days), then I could properly move prop and then throttle to low idle. Give it a try… .

If you’re using a controller with axes set for Prop and Mix/Condition, make absolutely sure that both are fully forward before you start your flight, and don’t touch them. They’ll cause the exact issue you’re describing otherwise.

I also use the X52 HOTAS and what works for me is to have one of the buttons on the side of the throttle as a toggle for reverse thrust (propellor feathering?). Seems to work well for shifting the power lever from side to side.

I have the TCA quadrant as well. Similarly, the only progress I’ve made so far is remapping the spoiler lever to propeller axis, but can only get the throttle in-game to move from cutoff up, over, and down to reverse, and back.

I was doing great until today’s update. Now the throttle is stuck in the high idle mode. When i tried following the advice mentioned it sometimes moves but immediately drops back to idle. I have restarted FS and my PC and swapped out the mouse. Nothing works.

Couldn’t start the TBM after SU5. Can’t start the TBM after SU6. :persevere:

Watch this video about 10-15 times.

Commit it to memory. It’s a 900 with the G1000 package, but the start is identical:
Battery and Generator on, initialize the center screen.
Starter on
Low idle at 13% NG
High Idle at starter cutout (52%)
Hold-left-tap-right mouse method to move the lever to the left side and come out of feather.
Turn on the fuel auto selector, trim/AP, pitot/stall heat, and bleed systems to get rid of the notifications.

CRTL+E is easier since I’m not interested in engine start procedures in this sim (I’d fire up the real aircraft for that). CRTL+E used to work, prior to SU5. Hasn’t worked since for this aircraft.

I never could get Ctrl+E to work in the TBM. It would fire up and run for about 5 seconds, then shut down. I never could figure out why.

This is still working ok. You have to now hit left and right mouse to move the lever into the idle detent.

Thanks to this topic I have now made a keybind for increase/decrease throttle to move the throttle up/down on the right side of the TBM930 throttle, and then another keybind to toggle reverse prop to move the throttle from left/right, and it works perfectly.

Here is a video for the TBM on Honeycomb … Same method would work with a Logitech throttle since it has detent buttons as well…

1 Like

I have a a logitech X56 Hotas and was playing with FSUIPC7 to intercept the Axes values and modify output to the sim. I’m getting closer to a useful configuration but still have some work to do to handle detents on a throttle quadrant that does not have actual detents.

FWIW I have my prop axis translating to the 1 of 10 values, Not ideal but its mostly working. What I need to better understand is conditions where the Prop will go fine vs coarse vs beta vs reverse? Does the prop ever go into beta? is there any reading you might recommend on this particular subject?

Phil

There is a great video from Daher that you can watch and explains it all :slight_smile: