TBM default livery incl TBM mob gives wireframe in hanger and in the game

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
pc

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store version update with su8 update

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Nope

Brief description of the issue:
I have a problem with the TBM (default livery in combination with the TBM aircraft-tbm930-improvement mod)

When I use the TBM default livery my planes is shown partly and only in wires (black) no tail, wings etc (both in the hanger menu and also in the game) If i choose a different livery (not the default one, even with the TBM mod, the plane shows perfect both in hanger menu and in the game). I deleted the TBM mod and the plane shows normal. I redownload the mod, installed it and have the same problem. I never had this before the SU8 update. Still only with the default livery, other paintjob load perfect also with the mod.

Now you could say that is has something to do with the TBM mod but all the other liveries work well without problems including the mod so the problem is only with the default TBM livery.
I restarted the sim, still same problem. I removed the mod en reinstalled it and the problem is still active. I also deleted (via the ingame contant manager) all the TBM items i could find and downloaded them again, but the problem is still active.

Anyone a suggestion? Looks like a caching problem or something.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
wireframe tbm pic

3 Likes

The Bugs & Issues forum is for Stock (no mods) defect reporting only.

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities as Mugz confirmed his Mod is causing the appearance issue and will need to be revamped.

In the meantime, fly the TBM without the mod or await his revision.

1 Like

This has been happening since SU8 Beta (and now everyone sees it on the SU8 release) and MUGZ has said (in an earlier thread) he will work on the fix once the release of SU8 is out. I’m sure he’ll have it fixed soon.

Easy Fix

GO TO:

…\Official\OneStore\Asobo-aircraft-tbm930\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_TBM930\model

Steam users go to:

…\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\Asobo-aircraft-tbm930\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_TBM930\model

copy the orig. “TBM930_LOD00.gltf” into the:

…\Community\aircraft-tbm930-improvement\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_TBM930\model

Make sure you replace the gltf file, not bin file.

Have fun again :wink:

8 Likes

This fix worked for me. Thanks!

For me too, thank you!

Worked.

Thank you!!

Works great! Thank you.

Ahhh… So much better. Thank you.

Thank you, works great!

Forgive me for being dim with this, where do I type the link for the steam users. I’ve tried it where ever I think and it doesn’t work.

are you using the latest version? (0.6.4.0) That should actually fix the problem!

This is not a link but the installation directory for Steam users

Not sure I am at the right forum, but…
My TBM 930 has a few problems:

1. It has no body when viewed in the Hangar

2. The PFD and the GPS displays are so dim they can’t be read

How do I correct this? Not sure when it went bad, haven’t flown it for awhile.

Thanks!