TBM Wrong wind direction

Hello
Left screen and middle screen in the TBM shows different wind direction.
the middle screen shows wind direction 180 degree wrong direction.

Hi @FragezeichenAUT,
I have moved your topic into Bugs & Issues - Instruments

Is this on the MFD? This has been a known bug - it’s opposite (which I thought was fixed?) Maybe not!

You can file a bug report via Zendesk at:

PFD, Wind, Option 2 is not always in agreement with the MFD. On my next flight I will keep an eye on both gauges and if the two do not agree then I will create a screen print and will post it here. We need that screen print to create a Zendesk for the Devs.

The fix that was installed “I think” made it better, but I am not so sure about that since I have seen some differences.

1 Like

It is fixed in the WT G3000 mod.

1 Like

It is better, for sure. But, in the TBM it is still not in agreement. I do not know IRL if the TBM would show these two measurements the same way as this. Right now in my flight, the two arrows are deflected, on average about 30 degrees (guess). I am currently flying in Australia. Could this be a “true North” issue? Or maybe an issue that the MFD is in North Up display mode (see top right of the display) versus the PFD flight direction?

This is what I have with real weather today.

I am flying IRL weather too. Cloudy/storms. Something is still screwy. I will Zendesk this thread. :slight_smile:

*Edit: Zendesk created.

This is the Problem here with the Wind as example:
Wind from the West. i am startup to the south.
Both displays shows wind from the right side (from the west)
i am turning to direction North, the gauge in PFD turn with the plane,
shows wind from the west also, but west side when i fly to the north is now left.
the gauge in MFD did not turn with plane, shows wind now from the wrong side.
the windgauge in the MFD must also turn with the plane.

It’s a known issue and has been reported many times, I suggest using the excellent Working Title G1000 and G3000 mods, they fix this issue and provide other features such as brightness adjustment for both screens.

I disagree: on the MFD the wind arrow should not turn with the plane since the map is fixed, north-oriented. However, the arrow on the MFD should be flipped 180 degrees to give sensible information.

1 Like

Sorry, but I disagree with this philosophy.

“We” should not have to accept a third-party add-on to fix a default plane that comes with the sim. That is wrong on so many levels.

Every plane in this sim should work 100% correctly and “then” the add-ons should be applied “and/or” allowed to make the sim something that we prefer that is different than real life.

Asobo/MS must take 100% responsibility for the default planes they have provided. And all this other eye-candy stuff can wait in my opinion. I will start using add-ons when the sim is working 100% correctly. Not before then.

2 Likes

I never said we should accept it, and I think you missed the huge G1000/G3000 bug thread (always in the top 10 buglist) which has been acknowledged by Asobo a long time ago in their Dev Q&As.
I merely suggested an alternative fix while we wait for the official one. I recommend you vote in the megathread above for this issue as opening multiple threads about it is not going to make them solve it faster.

1 Like

Asobo said multiple times that they’re not going to make the default planes study-level, so yes it is up to the community to provide mods that elevate the functionality beyond the default ala FBW A320NX.
I’d rather Asobo work on establishing a good platform that we can build upon than try to make study-level aircraft systems. That’s my opinion.

1 Like

Besides the MFD being backwards, the bigger issue is that the wind socks also point 180 degrees in the wrong direction, and ATC directs you to a runway based on the incorrect wind direction. The runway and wind sock will be aligned, but 180 degrees off.

Also note that the Working Title group – I think it’s them – have provided a Track Up option for the MFD. The default Asobo MFD is always North Up and the wind is wrong. WT’s MFD fixes the wind direction and orients it correctly in both North Up and Track UP.

HOWEVER, the WT mod cannot do anything about the wrong windsock direction and ATC direction to the wrong runway. We must wait on Asobo for that. There have already been many Zendesk reports submitted.

If they put it in the game, it needs to be correct. Else they should have left it out. Too late now…

1 Like

Let’s agree to disagree on this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

So by your quoting GFX, you realize that Asobo ISN’T putting default study-level planes “in the game”, so there is no need for the default plane’s “study-level” features to be correct, right?

I would even argue that as long as the default planes are capable of being flown on an XBox or in VR, using only an XBox controller or VR controllers, then Asobo has probably achieved a reasonable objective for success.

However, I agree with you in spirit that they have not yet achieved the objective the more serious simmers – me – are interested in. I’m hoping they quickly finish the core features and functionality – and the SDK and WASM interfaces – that will allow third parties to bring all kinds of study-level and bizarre casual aircraft into the sim.

I want my XPlane hangar full of aircraft. I’m looking to the PMDG 737, the Aerosoft CRJ, and all the different GA aircraft I have actually flown in real life!

The level Asobo wants to provide is up to them. I dont care about study-level. I do care about features present that they have to be correct (not wrong or buggy).

From a software developer prospective, if a feature is not working correctly, it is generally left out or, if possible, trimmed down to a limited feature that does wortk correctly.

It would have been much better for Asobo to have left out these features till they correctly implemented. Thus, in time, they are actually adding new (working) features, instead of fixing (or in Asobo’s case, not fixing) broken features. This would have had a much more positive feedback effect, and they could be forgiven for perhaps introducing it with a few bugs. Still a lot better than just having a half-implemented/broken feature and have everyone complaining.

Let`s put it that way: On a product, testing should drive the show and not the roadmap or devs.
Then testers should master the domain, especially when doing exploratory testing. If you do not perform exploratory testing then you are just into the “blue sky” scenario type of tests.

1 Like

Here is a picture where you can see the wind arrow on ND and the one one of the PFD. Like I posted before, the arrow on the ND must be flipped 180 degrees to be accurate.