TCA AIRBUS X not working with XBOX!

Hi,
I have received the new TCA Airbus X compatible with Xbox. If the device is recognized in MSFS, there are issues in the assignments… for example, pressing the red button on top of the joystick to assign it to let’s say Autopilot Master switch, shows 4 buttons all together and freeze the assignments… how can this be happening ?

I received mine yesterday and had to configure everything manually as there was no default. When that issue you had happened I unplugged usb and reconnected it until it registered just the one key I selected.

By any chance does your thrust reverses and throttle work correctly? I can’t seem to figure it out.

Yes the revers are working by default. Workaround I found is to assign the buttons manually by selecting them in the drop box… auto-recognition does not always work as pressing on the master autopilot red button activate 3 buttons at the same time (8-21-24 etc).

I got mine today and have had the same issue. I would be happy doing it via the drop downs but the button numbers don’t match up with the poster chart they included!

Has anyone found a reference list for the buttons?

Hi, sorry if I’m doing this in the wrong way but I am new on this forum.

I saw this post about the Airbus TCA X on Xbox. I had the same problems with the autopilot button but that is fixed now. Thanks. :blush:

However I still have problems with the thrust levers on the throttle quadrant. When in idle the plane still gives 20% thrust which makes taxiing really annoying. Also, the detents on the throttle quadrant don’t match up with the game. E.g. when I put the levers in the Flex position on the quadrant, the game goes to TOGA. By moving the levers a few millimetres back (out of the detent), it goes to flex but then I have to hold the levers in place manually.

I’ve done a lot of searching on Google and found some information, but only for pc use. Have you guys maybe got an idea?

I’m having issues with the flaps and spoilers, they were working fine and all of a sudden starting glitching out. Often when increasing flaps incrementally it goes completely to full flaps or nothing at all. Often the spoilers don’t react, or go to full. I’m stumped! I’ve uninstalled the game, deleted my profile, cleared memory, unplugged and plugged the controls back in…literally I’ve tried everything I can think of. Have any of you had this issue? Any luck with a fix? Please help!

Hi,

Hope you an help since my son has a similar issue:
We have a XBox one and he loves playing MSFS - even it it only works on cloud
We got him the TCA Captain pack for his birthday since it claims it is compatible with the X Box one - but while it does connect to the XBox in general it seems to not work in MSFS?

Any tips? He was gutted yesterday that he could not use the stick etc after waiting to get it for months…

Many thanks!

It is my understanding that the cloud version is unable to utilize peripherals. I can’t confirm this first hand as I’ve not tried the cloud version nor do I have Game Pass to allow me to.

Your best bet here is to invest in a next-gen Xbox Series S or X.

Thanks I actually just ordered the X series - still a bit misleading from Thrustmaster though - claiming it works with XBox one while it really does not…

1 Like

I think it does work with Xbox One, but only with bespoke non-cloud software.

So any flight game that runs on Xbox One natively. For example, Ace Combat.

Good move on the Series X!

Did you buy the specific version for Xbox though? There are two and the PC one will not work on xBox

1 Like

thanks, but he loves MSFS… so XBox X it was :slight_smile:

1 Like

You got to make sure that the “throttle” That’s on the stick portion is all the way down. I kept having problems with my throttle quadrant portion and noticed that the cheap little throttle that they put on the stick, (I’m assuming in case you don’t get the whole pack, and you just get the stick you’ll have a throttle)
I noticed that it was up a little bit and kept messing with the throttle on the throttle quadrant so just make sure that that little slider on the base of the stick right behind the stick itself is down

Don’t know if the thing has been solved, so I give my two cents for it.

I had the same exact issue with the very same airbus pack. And it happens even with the boeing pack, which I own as well.

Sometimes when assigning a button with the scan function i receive a combination of several buttons which locks the scanning mode indefinitely.

What I do to get rid of it is using the xbox general button on the peripheral (the yoke) to go back to the xbox main window which though maintains MSFS in standby. I then push the B button on the xbox controller or the B button on the yoke and it lets me immediately go back to the assignement little window with the scanning mode terminated and showing the combination of the buttons mentioned earlier.

This way of assigniment clearly doesn’t work. I don’t know why this happens but we can solve it as mentioned in a previous post, thus by assigning via the input list.

I also suggest to watch this fine video by Sim Hanger Flightsimulator which explains further the thing of assigning. Here’s the link: MSFS | XBOX Series X & S | Configuring Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One | What a Mess! - YouTube

What is interesting for us starts at approx. minute 8

One last thing: when it happens the unwanted combination of buttons, on the scanning mode, the button we want to assign is the first. So a workaround can be canceling the assignement, open the input menu, and choosing the button showed first.

Hope this helps

Michael

2 Likes

I am new to Xbox.
I’ve just bought the new Xbox X series along with the TCA Airbus Captain pack can get the joystick to work to a degree but not to my liking; the quadrant thrust lever works with the Xbox, and the rest of the quadrant does not work. I would like a joystick and a quadrant to work with MSFS and not use the Xbox controller
Also paid the reduced rate for the 40th anniversary deluxe cannot find any airliners. i.e. Boeing, or Airbus. it’s looking like you have to pay Microsoft if you want to go for a ■■■■. Getting to the stage everything is get packed back up to request refunds from Microsoft and Thrustmaster

Have you connected the cables to the other parts of the quadrant? You need to link them with the supplied jumper cables.

Yes both connected getting money back for Microsoft Xbox and the flight sim going back to PC

And the TCA pack is the specific x box one and the switches were set to Xbox?

A bit of a head scratcher, works like a dream in mine.

Help. My son has the Xbox series S. I’ve brought him the captains pack x airbus edition for his birthday. Although we can connect the joystick we are unable to connect the thrust levers.
I believe it’s all connected correctly. Any suggestions please.

Thanks

Both switches set to Xbox?

Throttles plugged into the USB port on the flight stick rather than the x box itself?