TCA Quadrant Jet/Airliner sensitivity

I have a question, I have a Thrustmaster TCA quadrant and I already got a profile for general aviation but need help on finding the right sensitivity levels for the airliners and jets so I can fly them.

1 Like

If you want to use the TCA quadrant for the A320, you need to do these steps first:

1. Make sure you’re on the latest firmware 1.61, If not you need to update it from the Thrustmaster - Technical support website
  2. Do a factory calibration by following this TCA_Quadrant-Throttle_Calibration.pdf (thrustmaster.com) document. Note that there’s a missing step between VII and VIII. In that you need to repeat step VII for the last detent number 5. Then continue the rest of the steps.
  3. Download Download custom FBW development build here. (digitaloceanspaces.com). This will mod the default A320 into the A32NX mod by FlyByWire. This specific version is updated daily, and it has full custom support for the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant in that you can set the detents to fall at the right places.
  4. You need to follow these steps to get the config file working as well a32nx/docs at fbw · flybywiresim/a32nx (github.com).
  5. Create a new control profile for the A320 based off from the default template. And set the sensitivity to all 0. This should make a completely linear straight line.

You can also follow this steps in some detail.

The issue is that I don’t want to download the A32NX mod and all I want is to have it for the default A320 and the other airliners.

very curious if that is possible. I have ordered the TCA throttle quadrant and have the same intentions

Ahh… okay… well… best of luck…

All I can suggest is do trial and error. I know before I used the mod, I spent about 2 hours fiddling with the sensitivity curve until I get it somewhat decent enough to be usable. But this is somewhere around launch day, with the old sensitivity curve. After few updates from Asobo, the sensitivity curve change significantly, so I can’t recommend you that one because it no longer works. By the time they made the curve updates, I’m already using the mod, and I use the custom linear curve for that, with the mod’s own throttle configuration scale. So I never had to change anything since then and it’s been working perfectly for me.

good luck with your trial and error. You just need to be patient and just keep trying until you eventually get it.

Not on the default aircraft sadly… But with the mod It works perfectly. perfect power scaling, hitting perfect detents the whole thing.

Actually I got a good sensitivity for the default A320 for those who don’t have that mod

The only thing that I really need is the 787, CJ4 (and CJ4 Longitude), and 747.

Duplicate the A320 profile and you just need to adjust them slightly for the other aircraft. Glad you got it working.

1 Like

anyone have the sensitivity settings for Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant? trying out PMP A330-300… quite hard to set without the FBW flypad

I think for PMP A330-300 would work with the default sensitivity curve. But I dunno, I haven’t flown the PMP since the Headwind A330neo came out. Just make sure you create a separate profile for it, so you don’t have conflicting sensitivity curve with other aircraft types.

1 Like

Thanks mate. I’ll give it a go.

is rev working for you?

is it 0-100 or throttle 1 and 2 axis?