TCA Throttle Quadrant Engine Mode Selector

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Using the TCA throttle quadrant in both Default A320 or FBW A320 when moving the engine mode selector from norm to ign/start the switch on the aircraft starts acting sporatic and just moves back and forth between norm and ign/start and wont stay in position. I have tried resetting, reinstalling drivers, removing all mods to avoid conflict and issue still persist. I have it mapped as crank button 7 on press, ign/start button 8 on press, norm button 7 and 8 on release. As a temp workaround I have put 8 in front of 7 on the norm switch and it will allow me to flip from norm to ign/start without issue but now crank acts sporadic and just keeps flipping back and forth.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Inside the A320 flip the engine mode selector on the TCA throttle quadrant to ign/start and the switch inside the cockpit will start going back and forth between norm and ign/start

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Airbus TCA Officers Pack with Joystick and throttle quadrant

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I can confirm the exact same behaviour as you described.

1 Like

Confirmed for me as well

2 Likes

Yes exactly the same problem

This issue appeared after opting into the SU9 beta. Though I have not tested on the default Asobo A320. I can confirm the issue is present on the FBW experimental version on my end.

1 Like

Definitely seems to be an issue for anyone with this quadrant. I tested with the default when I cleared my community folder to test if it was a mod conflict. Definitely appears to be an issue after this update

Just tested with the A330 900 as well. Same issue. So that’s two Airbus birds for me. This has SU9 Beta written all over it.

No, not a SU9-issue. I’m using SU8, but have the same problem.

Same problem here ,since SU8.

1 Like

Since SU8 I didn’t have the back and forth problem but did have a random problem where it wouldnt return to norm unless I moved it past to crank and back. At first I thought it was just a FBW bug but see now it was the start to issues with SU8 and SU9

1 Like

First time since SU 9 Beta , to me wasn’'t there before …
If you post old bugs it will never be fixed… only chance to get something fixed are “first time su 9 bugs” (or old bug no one saw before)

Same issue here. It also appears that none of the master warn or caution shortcuts work.

Same here since SU9

1 Like

I got this issue since SU8 and was able to find a workaround to change the “SET ENGINE NORM MODE” binding, as follows:

With above settings, at least I can switch from NORM to START back and forth normally. The CRANK mode is still not good, but I rarely use it anyway. Not a big deal.

Yea this is essentially what I have done with my workaround as well for the time being

This bug is much more than only this switch in tca throttle and mapping it to norm start switch in a320. It actually is a problem with the way on press and on release events are handled, making it impossible to use this switch correctly and possibly hitting the performance as well (it looks like some on release events are emitted and handled periodically all the time).
The other day I wanted to map the same switch to fuel tank selector in piper arrow III and because of this issue it was impossible to do so, because unlike crank option in a320, in piper it is important to have all positions fully operable.

2 Likes

This has bugged me for a while,. I had not picked up on this thread previously. If i remember correctly something similar has hppened a few times with bindings, Axis etc… I currently use Spad.next for my MCP. I think I may just remeove all assignments through MSFS and use that instead.

Same here. Just started with SU9 BETA for me. Also, having trouble with the auto brake switch.

1 Like

SU9 bug for me as well! Also, the flaps and speed break is all messed up on the add-on quadrant.

2 Likes

I’ve rolled back to SU8 and can confirm that the starter switch bug is present in that build for me. I can’t replicate any issues with the flaps or speed brakes.

1 Like