[Tell Tours] Switzerland - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (Leg 2)

Wow, thanks a lot for your very kind words! In fact, I wasn’t sure whether a “tour with commentaries” was such a good idea, but I believe people enjoyed it :slight_smile:

And I do this for my own interest as well, to learn about Switzerland and its history - and fun facts - myself (I just got a history book from the local library as well recently: “Switzerland for Dummies” ;))

That being said, as you can already anticipate by this flight leg’s title, the commentaries will include a bit more references to “contemporay culture & entertainment”. The entire flight will be a bit, shall we say, “more joyful”. Flying with an X-Cub (without pitot heat) in freezing conditions - 'nuf said.

But we won’t do completely silly things either (except the “Inferno race” in the last part perhaps) :wink:

By the way due to my “research” YouTube now keeps recommending me videos such as this one, which gives you an impression of where we will fly (and do an interim landing, too):

Experience an Approach to Münster LSPU | Switzerland From Above | GoPro Hero3+ HD - YouTube

But again, our approach to Münster airfield probably won’t be as sophisticated as this one - all pilots with all skills welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Steeler. Being a Bond geek… That clip from OHMSS is famous for its continuity error. Ever notice the Helicopter fade in from the left? It’s about 26 seconds in that clip.

1 Like

That’s gonna be a good one. In september 2019 I was on that dam and the valley with my fiancee and at the Piz Gloria with my parents over 20 years ago. Also drove trough Lauterbrunnen 2 years ago on my bike an tent trip. Long story short: some nice places worthy to visit :kissing_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Will join the leg 2 run tonight. Catch you then.

1 Like

It stood out from many other flights. It was a great guided tour and a fun flight in one!
Looking forward to the next ones, starting tonight!

Dear all, just what I was somehow expecting: I was just launching FS2020, and… an UPDATE is available for download, a little over 1’000 MiB (~1 GiB)!

Release Notes say it’s version 1.12.13.0 - haven’t read them just yet, as I am still starring at the progress bar… dumdidum

So launch your FS2020 early (as in “right now”), if you haven’t installed the update just yet!

UPDATE: According to the version number that’s the update from December (“SIM Update 2”), so this download probably “just” contains updated navigation charts/data/frequencies etc that get updated on a monthly basis.

But still, be prepared to download and install this update.

1 Like

Doing it now - Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Dear all, the update went smooth and relatively quickly (I do have a fast internet connection though), so far so good.

And the good news: I just checked the live weather - looks good! So I suggest the following simulation settings:

Variable Setting
Server North Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Live Weather
Time of day 1000 AM local (0900 UTC) for great lighting

Apparently live weather works most reliably when you first choose “Clear Weather” in the pre-flight preparations, and only after you have clicked on “Fly” switch to “Live Weather”.

Note that we are using the North Europe server this time (West Europe currently has high ping values).

1 Like

I have tweeked my MSFS2020 setting and thought the update is just because of my play with the setting, so there is actually an update…Cool :blush:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

some more backinfos (couldn’t speak on voice chat) on the dam before vercasca you can do the 007 bungee jump, but it was closed when i visited it. the rotaring restaurant on the schilthorn is named piz gloria like in the movie. the reichenbachfälle in lauterbrunnen is where j. r.r. tolkien had the idea for rivendell in the hobbit/ the lord of the rings. the high number of parked cars at intelaken can be a result of an open air event that occurs at the closed military airport called “greenfield festival”. Also there was the red bull air race some times ago

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for this very interesting event! :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes

Thank you all for these nice pictures and especially Steeler for this great event!
Diogenes

1 Like

Thanks again, Steeler. That was an amazing flight. Very much looking forward to leg 3!

2 Likes