TERRIBLE LOD is destroying a potentially great sim

NYC is definitely a demanding scenery, but I’m experiencing horrible pop-ins also in Madrid area, and Spain always performed perfectly… Didn’t play yet today. I’ll take a look later. Hopefully is a server thing.

2 Likes

I have definitely seen similar behavior in the beta build. But it is intermittent, and tends to go away on its own.

1 Like

I keep getting license error message even though I own the game as I got it through game pass and i can’t see any servers

To change servers click your gamer tag in the MSFS Home Screen. Top right corner of your screen. Remember to change it back after a day or so, closest server is usually best and it is usually your default, so only change if you feel like it will help. A short term fix until your local server gets back to normal. Sometimes a switch helps.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I am not sure if this is what the LOD bug the latest Build was supposed to fix but i am getting pretty blurry ground textures/ specially on runways. It is really bad. The first fix we got in Beta seemed to really boost graphics quality on xbox but right now it is awful tbh. :pensive: ( XBox Series X)

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/L3SWMR5926

1 Like

:pray:Please continue to look into tweaking and addressing the visual degradation issue on XBox … I can’t see how this bug/topic has been closed. We did experience a fantastic improvement in the rendering of textures a couple of builds ago in Beta ( though it is true the number of CTD and black screens also increased) and then a massive degradation was reintroduced with the latest updates, and is now officially live. Please please do look into this. Id love to see the graphics enhancements we got in Beta a few weeks ago coming back

3 Likes

I know this isn’t exactly the answer you are looking for.

Give the servers a couple days to settle in. New updates can lead to a spike in players and that can slow the servers for a few days after, before things settle back to usual demand the servers are meant to handle. This can lead to mixed graphics results. And that can lead to false positives concerning things like the LOD issue.

Not 100% sure this is the issue here. But it is common enough immediately after an update to cloud our ability to debug, reproduce, and isolate issues.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Nope, on Xbox Series X

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Not applicable

Brief description of the issue:

Textures are looking very poor and LOD issues are back … whether 5k feet or 2k feet, LOD looks really bad

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Please refer to my post I’m the AAU thread where I’ve posted two videos

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Huh?!

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I flew over a number of locations… All are showing bad LOD and poor photogammetry and textures

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not applicable

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

It’s the latest updated version - everything looked great until I exited the beta. Now we’re back to the LOD issues

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Same for me. We’re already discussing this issue here: LOD broken again on Xbox? 1.30.12.0

Ohh brother…

I think I’m ready to give up on this game. Don’t know why I exited the stupid beta. Big mistake!!

Yes, I’ve already created a post about this and leftmu feedback in the AAU thread with videos

LOD is really poor even from 2000 feet above. textures are blurry and there’s too much scenery pop. It seems were back to the SU11 issues

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/G2VQGNBNQQ
https://www.xbox.com/play/media/EX4YMK7DVM

2 Likes

Sorry, but I’m calling complete BS on this. It’s clearly a LOD issue …others have reported it, I’ve even posted two videos and here you are back again trying to sidestep around the real issues and convince everyone otherwise.

It’s okay if you work for Asobo but your posts are infuriating at the very least and do not help at all.

2 Likes

For the developers:

Everything was fine before exiting the beta. The moment I exited the beta, it’s back to blurry textures and poor LOD, particulate on runways.

I flew at the exact same locations multiple times. Restarted the sim and my console. Cleared rolling cache. Server and ping are the same before and after the beta.

It’s abysmal now, sorry. Just like it was in the public build SU11 for non beta users

Can you please reactivate the beta as I can’t play the game in this state. It’s absolutely pathetic - OG Xbox One textures.

1 Like

How much time passed between you leaving beta and flying over the same places again?

I literally exited the beta, relaunched the game and blurry textures with poor LOD as well as aliasing on distant objects.

This is almost heart breaking as I was about to buy the premium edition this weekend!

1 Like

It’s absolutely terrible on Xbox right now. I remember seeing posts like these in 2021 all over Facebook groups and we’re still running in circles.

The beta looked much, much better than this and I’m seeing the same issues as you guys, bad photogammetry that doesn’t load even if you keep circling the area in a slow aircraft, blurry ground textures from a distance and up close and of course really poor LOD on runways, taxiways and airports.

3 Likes

Are you using the same plane as right before leaving beta? It seems the game might be scaling LOD down on Xbox with more complicated planes like A310. Will check that later.

1 Like

As always, the best way to prove a LOD issue is with photos. If it is back, everyone will be able to repeat it whenever they fly.

It will be a big topic of discussion in here.

It will become self evident within hours.

Otherwise, beware of false positives.

Well, weirdly, I guess, for me this latest version looks absolutely spectacular. I hadn’t flown in quite a while and wasn’t aware of the issues you all are seeing, as discussed on this thread. I jumped on (Series X) and immediately noticed the level of detail, especially the sharpness and detail of the ground textures, being amazingly good. It looked better than it has in a very long time, and quite possibly the best it has ever looked. I was absolutely stunned, because earlier in this beta I had noticed the same reduction in texture quality that has been mentioned.

As for pop-in, I noticed it a little, but that seemed better to me as well. LOD was definitely much better as well, with everything being equally sharp all the way to the horizon (perceptually anyway - I know that very distant objects have reduced detail, it’s just that unlike before the perceived detail is not noticeably different with distance (so long as you don’t zoom in).

I don’t know how to explain the huge difference between my experience and what everyone else is observing. Maybe I just got really lucky with the servers or something? I was flying at around 3:30 to 4:30 am (Mountain Time).

2 Likes

I haven’t played enough post beta to say either way.

The problem though of course in asking for images which are comparative is you can’t go back in time to evidence the way it was before.

When things are working fine you don’t tend to take evidential screenshots. When it’s working bad, you do

1 Like