Terrible performance after sim update IV

Glad i’m not the only one, yeah i’m seeing about a 10-15 FPS loss (in some situations) w/ 11900k + RTX 3090

1 Like

Well, now I kinda feel like I shouldn’t be complaining.

A320 neo, YPAD:

52-55ish FPS on the ground
60ish in the air above the city

edit

Oddly enough, I get much worse performance in the Mooney vs the A320 neo.

They have more than my 9 and 1/4 years of education and I can spot a memory leak when I see one and that is what they still have. I am uneducated enough to fix it but can spot it. They are the ones who programed it, what is their excuse I wonder? I cannot get my rolling cache to stay cleared, and there is more than enough memory allocated. Are they wanting me to believe that it takes over 60 gigs of rolling cache to start the program? I did actually reload the game this time but it relocated where the rolling and the manual cache was, so I put it where it was supposed to be. You guys are kidding me right? Also I cannot get the default setting on the controllers to go back to default, they are permanently burned in the memory with bogus bindings. Adding pages to the 3D ■■■■ Come on. Do the program first! Then fix the bells and whistles. I am sorry but this is making me furious, and there is no real excuse for it other than the stupid fixes they are making up apparently. If I am being disrespectful I am sorry. But they, or somebody, needs to hear how the customers feel about this whole bait, and switch punch list that makes no dent in the real problems, that are in this so called program. The main focus seems to be to mess up all the mods people are making to get the program to work. I am sick of going and locating them all and updating them again every update because their programing is slack! Marketing is obviously calling the shots . I may get kicked for this but hey I think if I do it only serves to prove I hit them where it hurt. Somebody help me vent with this I know I am not alone! Oh and when I say memory leak I am using way too much percentage of my ram and it fills up. I have to go out and come back to stop the FPS loss. I’m 64 if you are wondering so how can I know this stuff and they not.?

11 Likes

Tested on Monday night. 50fps in NZ around Ashburton and other smaller airfields in that region.
Aircraft = FlyingIron Spitfire and Big Radials P.40
Fine weather. Daylight.

Live weather + live traffic
No multiplayer.

This area has no photogrammetry that I can see and fee tree’s.
50 FPS is stunning performance for me. I usually see anywhere between 40 and 18fps if flying in photogrammetry areas.
(About 20fps out of London Heathrow in cloud and rain at night in the same flight session)

I’ve noticed a persistent memory leak in the game for a couple of months already. Seems like they couldn’t fix it.

3 Likes

Thank you. It is a high raising one meaning the ram doesn’t clear when it should. If it’s windows they need to talk to each other, because one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing, I gotta stop or I am going to blow a heart valve.

1 Like

I would be willing to bet you have at least 64gigs of ram or more and that just isn’t a fair assessment if you do. That should not be needed it should be icing on the cake. If its needed then they are selling the market for new tech rather than programming a 64 bit system.

You are right on all counts. There may well be a memory leak, my flights were of short duration anyway and indeed I do have 64gb of ram.

I also run with both rolling and manual cache off and like almost everybody else experience pretty poor performance in areas with photogrammetry and a lot of tree’s.

The part of New Zealand I was flying in has neither photogrammetry or tree’s and my flights were conducted in the evening (Europe time) on Monday and therefore server load may have been lower.*

*Given that almost everything is streamed live I expect that server load is at the core of many performance issues and that this will just be made worse on an update day.

Even with 64gb ram and an RTX3090 I’m not immune to performance issues and indeed I’m starting to find that I avoid photogrammetry areas altogether, especially the US.

2 Likes

Similar story for me…was working fine before yesterday, now lots of stuttering and very low frame rates.

The only thing which has changed was that I installed the complusory update.

Jerry

3 Likes

TBH I’ve seen this kind of performance degradation over time, on occasion, before SU4. Every time I redid the same route, I couldn’t reproduce. I saw suspiciously high GPU memory usage (close to the card’s limit), and rediculously low CPU and GPU usage. I’m concerned this may fall in the bucket of “DX11 issues will be gone when moved to DX12, so just wait”.

I’m having a performance degradation right now, after about 2 as well, second flight without going to the menu which was ok before, frames usually hover around 50, but this flight i noticed it stayed at around 35, which is ok, but after the second departure i’m looking at 10-18 FPS which is not ok.

about 50nmk NNE of LGKR, maybe it’s a similar issue to the ones from WU4/SU3?

Also I noticed at this moment no memory leak, sim is using around 9Gb (flight still in progress)

I7 8700k @4.8, 32gb @3200ghz, RTX 3090 UWQHD monitor

Everthing was slow for me until I did the following which sorted it!

1. Re-create Rolling Cache.
  2. View Manual Cache & wait for it to do it’s stuff which may take some time.
  3. Delete Content.xml. (Next time MSFS is run it will rebuild it!)

Nice & smooth now! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sadly the performance will be ■■■■ until a DX12 version is released, Mine is the same, has been for weeks, the fact they released the sim on DX11 in the first place is shocking

3 Likes

when it was being developed DX12 wasnt out.

1 Like

Here is what I posted in the other thread about the update.

While the update itself was easy and ran fine without any issues, I have the impression to see more micro-stutters than before.
My current system is the following:
Ryzen 5 5600X
6900XT GPU
32GB Ram @3200Mhz
Watercooled
No OC
4K Monitor with AMD Freesync

Before the Update, I was using a mix between High and Ultra settings, with LOD at 200 and Renderscaling 100.
I got between 40 - 50 FPS on the Ground, and up to 60 FPS in the air before the update.
When using the TBM or the CJ4, I was completely stutter free.

Now after the update, I have to switch from my mix between High and Ultra, to High, except for the LOD, those are still on 200. This way I can keep more or less the same FPS on the Ground. Though it looks like I am getting less FPS in the Air. By less I mean about 15FPS.
But even with 40+ FPS, I see micro-stutters on the ground when taxiing, and also in the Air flying low level.

So something has definitely changed with the update.

I am still trying to change settings. But my previous settings don’t work anymore. Performance is definitely worse.

If anyone has an idea ?

Thank you

1 Like

I found reinstalling the sim from scratch every month helps. Dont know why. Just feels better when I do it.

1 Like

more stutters for me

1 Like

People, keep in mind that when you get bad lag and stutters it’s not always down to your GPU. The sim is only a single core system, and so it will use your one single CPU core ;( shame that they did that.

I don’t know why you haven’t had it before, but it’s certainly not a new thing in SU4.

Unless they started development before 2015 then DX12 was already out.