Terrible Performance after SU8 with RTX 3080[SOLVED] Might be Useful for People Having Performance Issues

The credits should be gone to @BragRaindrop933 and the person who is owner of the video that @BragRaindrop933 referenced. So finally, combining everything, for the future readers try to follow these guidelines and check which one works for you.

This is the suggestion from @BragRaindrop933 and explains step by step what you should do:

Here’s what I did different than what has been suggested. I’m not sure if @BragRaindrop933 suggested to perform the Nvidia Control Panel:3D Settings for the Global Settings or for the Program Settings but I did it for the Program Settings, so the same settings for the Program Settings. I’m using everything in Ultra and Render Scale is %100 which is the native resolution of my monitor which is 2560*1440. TLOD is 200 and Object of Details is maximum.

From the same Nvidia Control Panel, Display → Change Resolution → I kept the refresh rate as high as possible but I think keeping this 60 could be ideal too, I don’t really know since MSFS definitely can’t reach 165 FPS.

Furthermore, I didn’t turn on the V-Sync in the MSFS and never set it elsewhere. So I’m not using it. Well this is up to you, if you wanna get a stable performance and 30 FPS all the time, then I’d suggest you to use V-Sync, but if you wanna get more than 30 FPS and you are okay with microstutters and changeable FPS throughout the fly, then don’t set it and don’t enable it.

I hope this helps everyone and I’m pretty sure @BragRaindrop933 and I would be so happy to hear that if the solutions that we shared and combined worked for you.

Oh, by the way for the final note, here’s my system, please bear in mind that everyone’s system is different so there’s no guarantee that these will work for you.

EVGA RTX 3080,
i7-10700K not overclocked,
32 GB RAM 2666MHz,
512 GB SSD for MSFS

This the video that @BragRaindrop933 suggested;

7 Likes