Terrible stutters and sim freezes since updating to SU13

Cool. Done. Thx! Do you use “Driver Default” for the shader size in NvCP? I saw some people set it to 100GB.

I have mine set to 10GB because I have the space but my actual cache usage is only about 50MB.

Cache

• C:\Users*YOUR USERNAME*\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache
  • C:\Users*YOUR USERNAME*\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\GLCache
  • C:\Users*YOUR USERNAME*\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache
2 Likes

Never been better/smoother with my QPro/rtx4090.

1 Start your PC in safe mode

• Click start
    1start
  • Click power icon
  • Press and hold left SHIFT key and click restart
  • Select Troubleshoot > advanced options > startup settings > restart
  • Select 4 - Enable safe mode

2 Click start and type

%localappdata%\D3DSCache

Press Enter
Delete all folders

3 Click start and type

%APPDATA%\..\LocalLow\Nvidia\PerDriverVersion\DXCache

Press enter
Delete all files

4 Type

%localappdata%\Nvidia\GLCache

Press enter
Delete all folders

5 type

%appdata%\NVIDIA\ComputeCache

Press enter
Delete all folders

6 type

%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

Press enter
Delete all files

Restart PC.

6 Likes

Same issue here with SteamVR since a few days, for every steam app. I can’t confirm regarding MSFS because I have the MS version.
The only workaround I found was to set the resolution per eye, in steam VR video parameters, to the lowest possible value (20%). The resolution stays at 100% in apps but stutters are gone. Seems like a bad steam VR update…
Maybe it can help if you have the steam version of MSFS

Usage of SteamVR is not related to MSFS Steam store or MS store version. Steam store or MS store is only a sales/delivery channel.
MSFS is an OpenXR native app, so it generally works better with OpenXR runtimes vs. SteamVR non-OpenXR runtime. Details depend on the particular headset type.

Update : I turned on HAGS and 2 hr flight no issues…0 Crashes . Don’t always believe what MS says, They suggest to turn it off. Did that , what a mess.

OP described problem is probably not related to SU13. SU13 works fine here (Aero & 3080). I get the described experience only if I exceed my VRAM.

I think it has something to do with the actual headset which I have RMA’d. Am currently waiting for an exchange. Fingers crossed.

What HMD are you using?

On my 7800x3D, 4090, Aero system im actually finding it a bit smoother than before. May be placebo though.

I also found I had stutters that I did not have before updating to SU13 (I do not use VR).
Luckily it appears I hit the jackpot on the good old vsync fix - disable vsync in the sim, enable it in nvidia.
Everything back to smooth! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had the same problems as the OP had with performance. Clearing all the caches fixed the problem. My problem manifested itself as vram always very near or at 100% capacity. Also was getting the disappearing “ready to fly” button. All is now as it should be after the caches were cleared, as directed here.

1 Like

SU13 is a crap!!
came with more bad things than good things.
The stuttering has increased, and on some flights I have had the sim freeze for approximately 7-8 seconds…usually happens on descent.

My FS never opens on the first attempt, on the initial screen it freezes, and I have to kill it via “task manager”.

I’m hating the SU13

Clear environment data from WMR
Clear MSFS scenery cache

Fix Windows :
Open an elevated Command Prompt and type DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Debloat Windows:

SU13 runs well in VR, the problem is WMR or whatever disaster your Windows install has gotten itself into.

where can I clear scenery cache

I am having non-VR freezes, and after turning off things and reinstalling drivers and killing processes, it looks like it might be related to live real-world air traffic. I am currently testing a few finer changes to see if it is that, but when I turned off air traffic yesterday, the freezes disappeared.

soon to use MSFS you will have to deactivate ATC, photogrammetry, weather, put all options on low and have nothing in real time so deactivate the internet, basically everything that makes MSFS interesting…
Return to the good old MSFS of the 80s :rofl: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You could try disabling NDU, there’s a thread here:

From memory I think I got rid of NDU by disabling a driver instead of a registry edit.

Make sure your windows install is 100%, run the dism command posted above, and optionally run the Chris Titus debloat script.