Terry Fox Marathon of Hope Registration Thread (Charity)

@Cyclone62,

You have already stated your point about the DA40 multiple times in other race threads. I’m not going to change my mind on this if you keep asking every time I create a thread for a new event.

Also, I suggest you re-evaluate your expectations of the Endurance Race Series if you feel so strongly about the DA40. I’m organizing these races as fun community events to raise money for charity. They have never been about intense competition. There isn’t a fabulous prize at the end of the year for the grand champion. If you enjoy the races for their own sake and want to help support the various causes for which we are raising funds, then great. If you think this is the virtual equivalent of the Reno Air Races or the Tour de France, then move along because this isn’t the event you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Since you feel that way mr high and mighty you can continue to live in your fantasy world. A race is a competition regardless of it being for charity or not and it is unfair if the rules do not take into consideration the compromised performance of any aircraft. So then I believe we need to ask the community about the issue and take a poll. The fact remains that this issue could have been addressed but it has not. You said it yourself it is the Endurance RACE Series. Another thing I will add is I addressed you directly and did not post things in your other threads but now I will post it in these threads so others can see.

@Cyclone62,

A race is a competition regardless of it being for charity

A 10km Fun Run is a race. Does anyone treat it as a serious competition? That’s the type of event these endurance races have always been modeled after: fun, friendship, camaraderie, and charity fundraising.

Another thing I will add is I addressed you directly and did not post things in your other threads but now I will post it in these threads so others can see.

This you?

I will boil this whole conversation down to just one question to @Cyclone62, if i may (i might sound like a douchebag, but it’s not meant that way, i’m quite curous though).

What’s more important, you or the fundraising?

P.S. please delete if inappropiate.

Edit: Added the P.S.

Making these sort of adjustments is a slippery slope. Let’s say in the next 2 updates the Pitts gets a range boost, or the Pipistrel gets a fuel capacity increase, or the SR22 gets nerfed… SeedyL could spend weeks adjusting everyone’s race times retroactively to the point that they no longer reflect the times that anyone actually flew. And every adjustment that shuffles the race results would be argued endlessly.

I think it’s well established by this point that MSFS is a sim that is still changing on a regular basis, and all we know how all the planes compare to each other on race day. And ultimately these races are for fun and charity, as has been said.

1 Like

Let’s say in the next 2 updates the Pitts gets a range boost, or the Pipistrel gets a fuel capacity increase, or the SR22 gets nerfed…

It’s already been confirmed that the performance of the SR22 – by far the most popular choice for this particular event – is being changed with WU6 which is scheduled to go live between the two stages of the upcoming race.

See this comment from Thursday’s dev blog:

SR22 performance and fuel consumption has been modified to better match POH

It’s not stated if the SR22 will be changed in such a way that gives it better or worse performance compared to the current version. So what should I do? Ban that plane? Retroactively modify the times of everyone who has used it not only in this race but also the previous two events? Or just do the sensible and logical thing and continue as if nothing changed because ultimately this event IS FOR FUN AND FOR CHARITY and no reasonable person actually cares about the results.

1 Like

Where is that information on the development roadmapor feedback snapshot? it is not mentioned. As has already been proven that their promises of things getting fixed has resulted in adverse effects to other things in the sim. 2 steps forward and 3 steps back has been the net result so far for a year. Anything that might happen to the Cirrus is obviously just speculation at this point.

Where is that information on the development roadmapor feedback snapshot? it is not mentioned.

[…]

Anything that might happen to the Cirrus is obviously just speculation at this point.

It was mentioned in Thursday’s weekly Development Blog which I linked in the post above.

Is there already a list where you can see who is registered? I don’t know right now if my registration went through :smiley:

This link is in the OP, but you may have missed it. And for confirmation, yes, you are registered successfully to fly a C172 (G1000) in this event, @RIKAARAmbnt. If you’d like to change your plane, let me know sometime between now and the race start time.

1 Like

Reminder that the deadline to sign up for this event is coming up in three days. Please submit your registration form at the link below if you have not already done so.

@SeedyL3205 & @FactualGull1036.

Back again for my 4th race in a row. Never said it after last race, but congratulations on the amazing fundraising effort last race.

3 Likes

The registration deadline is TODAY! Be sure to sign up at the link below if you intend to participate as a racer in this event.

Quick question: Are we allowed to use the AI co pilot (Now called Flight Assistant) to take over in flight?

Reason I ask, I didn’t find time to prep this time, so I chose my plane for this session based on the results of others in previous flights, just to realize now, my chosen plane doesn’t have an autopilot. I wasn’t expecting several people flying a plane without autopilot in the past.

If we can’t use AI assistance, Seedy could you please change my plane to Pipstrel Virus? Thanks, and sorry for the late (maybe) change.

Hmmm…I hadn’t even considered the Flight Assistant. I have personally never used that feature, and it didn’t even occur to me that others might do so during this event. My inclination is to say that no, you should not use the AI co-pilot, but I’m really not sure if it’s possible to enforce that rule beyond the honour system. So just don’t do it, everyone. :wink:

@FlightZelle I’ve updated your registration to the Virus for this event.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Registration is now closed. Please confirm your registration in the spreadsheet linked below. If you’d like to change your aircraft selection, please send me your new choice between now and Friday.

Here is the breakdown of plane selection for this event:

This leg will be a strange one for me.
Haven’t flown in a while because reasons and I’m on call this weekend.

Oh well, just have to do what I can and have as much fun as possible on first leg and then wring every single knot out of the plane on weekend #2. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Race Day and Results Thread is now up:

Hey Seedy, do you have a countdown clock for the second leg as well? Just to be sure, it wouldn’t be the first time I made a mistake with the time conversion :wink:

Hi @FlightZelle,

See this thread for all the info for Stage 2:

1 Like