Thanks Asobo, this turbulence is absolutely spot on!

Until now there hasn’t been any realistic feeling turbulence in any flight simulator (that is probably why people are complaining because people are not used to it). But in real life in turbulent conditions you constantly have to use the aileron to compensate, it’s actually really hard to control a plane in these conditions.

What we have now is really wonderful and finally we can practice some challenging approaches instead of the plane being on rails all the time.

Please use this poll to vote:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/thanks-asobo-this-turbulence-is-absolutely-spot-on/544851/57

194 Likes

Yes it is spot on. I noticed the A330-900neo
Has this problem well done visuals but has no turbulent effect? It’s like it’s on rails kills the immersion.

2 Likes

Apparently they are thinking of dumbing it down, jesus…

44 Likes

Good to see you post that! They NEED to see this and feel the love. They’re really on a rampage recently, in the most positive of ways, let’s show them that we appreciate the effort!

27 Likes

That would be a shame…It’s the first time that a home sim models weather like that. It’s so alive! I pray that this dumbing down is just a rumor.

12 Likes

Absolutely agree that the new gust adjustment needs to stay! For those that doubt the realism, I invite you to visit your local airport on a breezy day. Even just a slight breeze will make a 172 approach “sporty” for the pilot and it’s easily seen from the ground.

46 Likes

I wish I could upvote you, but I already surpassed my likes for today😪 It wont show that I hearted your comment.

All good! It shows you or someone liked it.

I just hearted his comment on your behalf.

5 Likes

I appreciate that!!

1 Like

The problem is, people keep demanding of Asobo to make the game “as real as it gets”. As Asobo implement more realism, the very same people who demanded more realism then start to claim that it is too difficult, or “unrealistic “. Meaning it’s realistic but they don’t really know how to fly in realistic conditions as they are armchair pilots, not real life pilots. Me personally, where flight sims are concerned I wouldn’t know realism if it painted itself blue and demonstrated outside my house.

19 Likes

Good to see professionals agreing that it is a very big step forward (and 737NGdriver doesn’t pull his punches, he’s very honest either positive or negative)

As part of beta 10 (trying to be somewhat useful) I flew a couple of flights i did IRL (in a DA40) in the sim on the same day using live weather (some of them very bumpy IRL) and the sim nailed it each time! It’s getting really good

23 Likes

Possibly harder to do than I think, but would it not be better to provide the user with either a slider or multi position setting for this so people can set it how they like…

Off - low - medium - high - realistic

While I prefer and enjoy flying GA aircraft over passenger jets, I still like the simulated flight experience to replicate the mechanics of real flight. Trying to adjust the level of impact gusts and turbulence has in MSFS to suit everyone’s preference is a fairly ridiculous notion given turbulence and gusts are by their very nature variables.

An and/or option might be to replicate what Chaseplane used to do in FSX/P3D. Basically when you hovered your mouse over a click-spot like a button or knob, it temporarily calm things down so you could use the button/control in the virtual cockpit. Clearly in a real aircraft you can at least steady your hand on some else or will be in physical contact so movement is less of a problem.

7 Likes

Well said, pumpacat. I listen to the people that know. If a real pilot says that a turbulence feels realistic, then I’ll take their word for it, no matter whether a 25 year veteran simmer(whatever that actually means?) disagrees or not. Finally having the atmosphere simulated like that, is super exciting! Good times.

8 Likes

You’d be surprised how fiddly the knobs on a g1000 or gns530 are in real life in turbulence :smile:
The Touchscreen on a gtn750 or 650 is almost completely unusable in turbulence too (luckily the knobs replicate the critical functions (like tune radios and Navaids)

I do agree, they could maybe add an assistance setting that reduces turbulence for those who can’t handle it yet

On the other hand people want to fly in the sim in conditions that you’d never fly in IRL… part of realism is not being able to handle the weather and cancelling a flight (or as a sim equivalent you choose a weather preset rather than live weather)

This is a very huge part of realism actually! By far the biggest killer in private aviation is lack of respect for weather

8 Likes

PLEASE Asobo keep it as it is. There’s a lot more people that haven’t flown IRL than there are people who have flown IRL…. Keep this in mind when making decisions based on the numbers that are screaming for change… for the worse.

36 Likes

This new weahter system is great, there’s so many real pilots saying it’s impact on airplane behaviour is spot on, especially during crosswinds. There’s also complains from people that think it’s too hard for them to fly now, people that forget there’s a word simulator in the title of this product. Asobo, please give those who want less realistic, casual weather physics an option if it’s possible rather than making it less realistic for everyone, you did a great job with this update and with a weather system overall, something that your core audience wanted for a long time, don’t let a certain vocal group of people ruin the experience for eveyone. This is a simulator, it should be hard to fly a plane under difficult weather conditions, i understand some people want to start a sim and fly on rails, but i think every real flight simmer would want the most realistic experience they can get, without catering to casuals.

26 Likes

I don’t think I would be that surprised lol.
Personally I rarely fly without using real time and weather in the sim. I really only use a preset if I want to try out a new aircraft and/or see the new scenery. But really I use real weather 95%+ of the time.

3 Likes

Agreed…it’s great now. Don’t mess with it.

13 Likes

Don’t NERF the new gust modeling. SU10 has finally made it feel like real!!!

Bravo to the developers for bringing us the new gust/turb modelling !

20 Likes