Thanks Asobo, this turbulence is absolutely spot on!

I just found out I predicted this in July xD

3 Likes

I don’t understand the under-the-hood complexity of msfs2020, so I have no idea about the feasability of it, but it would be hella great to have a slider/menu for atmospheric realism, that way, gamers get what they want and the experienced pilots get what they love. Fingers crossed!

8 Likes

Yes thank you Asobo. I know a lot of people are complaining that it’s not realistic. Please don’t listen to them Asobo and keep it just the way it is. Real pilots seem to like it a lot and that’s what matters.

16 Likes

I think what matters, is to understand that not everyone has the same opinions about things. It’s many of us here, and as suggested many times from some user, maybe some extra option in settings, could make everyone happy. Not just about turbulence, but also about other topics regarding weather.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. Options…it’s all about options. Give us the ability to tune it how we like it.

4 Likes

I had a pretty cool experience approach and landing with the updated fenix a320 a couple of days ago. I was landing in KPHL and wind was about 303/09 gusts 13. I had to use my aileron quite a bit. It’s finally realistic and I appreciate these landing challenges.

3 Likes

Loving the update to the weather and how the gusts/turbulence now feel.

Asobo, I understand the need to keep the sim accessible by the masses, but please consider options to allow others to tone it down somehow instead of diluting the sim for those who want realism. Possibly one of the options mentioned before may work, such as a new weather option for those who want the changeable live weather clouds without the wind.

6 Likes

Just make a setting to enable / disable turbulent flight model for those that think this is a game and want to fly over thier house for streaming.

8 Likes

Just turn off live weather and fly with one of the preset calm day options. Already there to use. I`m a retired pilot and the turbulence is spot on giving me a hard time on the motion platform in vr. Keep it coming I say. NO dumbing down!!!

35 Likes

Yes I do agree with that. There is plenty of options for flight assistances but none for weather. What’s the point of having autorudder on when you’re getting thrown around like crazy in the air? Asobo please just add an option to tune turbulence. That’s all people need I think.

3 Likes

The problem is not on the heavies but on light aircraft. For heavies the model it´s fine because their big mass compensates the wind speed changes and the resulting effect is still good. But for light aircraft the gusts are too strong and too frequent. Realism is nice, sure, but if you take a Cessna with 5-10 kts crosswind including gusts you quickly see that this is not a simulation of real turbulence. You don´t have min to max winds changes every second in real life. It´s not possible for wind to perform like that, at least under normal weather conditions, because the air moved by wind has a lot of inertia and it needs much more time to become still. This superfast speed fluctuation on gusts is what is totally wrong.

Cheers

14 Likes

I don’t think it is the same people.

8 Likes

We should vote for it to keep it as is, and the fact real pilots are praising it should speak volume.

12 Likes

I don’t think that’s what is being simulated. It’s not relentless wind changes per se…I’d have said what you experience in turbulent weather in the sim is pretty close to real life for all aircraft types.

Flying a light aircraft on a rough day is hard work. Just as with a jet you can have a completely stable wind speed and direction and it can be rough as hell.

The other issue for me is that makers of the many light aircraft in the sim need to adapt their flight models for the new atmospheric conditions and flight dynamics. I’d rather the atmosphere was realistic and the aircraft catch up than the alternative personally.

Asobo are onto a good thing here, please leave it alone!

15 Likes

I don’t know how to creat a vote, maybe a moderator can help

1 Like

@Hugothester @crazymaherm
The topic was placed in a non-voteable category. And to be honest, I’m not sure where it could go. It wouldn’t fit into the wishlist - but let me ask other moderators what they think.

11 Likes

That’d be great. Much appreciated!

100% agree. This update is a big step forward and I hope Asobo hears it!

3 Likes

What turbulence?
I have mechanical turbulence and wind gusts - altough they need some tuning - more defined gusts instead of microgusts of 1-3kts 3 times/sec .
Absolutely no turbulence in relation to to clouds or weather in general.
Flew through hurricane Fiona - wind gusts, yes (70-90kts). But absolutely no turbulence. Wing level all the time (no roll movement). No up-downdrafts - AP stayed perfectly at 5000ft all the time.
No turbulence hitting bottom layer of cumulus-clouds. No CAT turbulence. No turbulence inside CBs etc etc.
How this is ‘spot on’ is beyond my understanding…

5 Likes

As another person that agrees that the gusts etc., should not be reversed, it would be great if the guys at Asobo at least know we appreciate their stellar work in bringing more refined realism to the simulator.

Of course, stats always help, so a vote would be good! At the very least we should have a realism slider or setting similarly to how it works.under the assistance options.

5 Likes