Thanks Asobo, this turbulence is absolutely spot on!

This is fantastic news – letting people tune the sim to what they’re comfortable with is exactly the right move to make. I’m happy about this as someone who likes how it’s behaving for me now and wants to keep it, without forcing the same option on everyone. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve seen those users that didn’t want to have those options. I can’t understand why options is a bad thing. Really love that they finally add some options. Then we that want the turbulence unlimited can use that while those that wants to enjoy the sim with no turbulence can do that at the same time :slight_smile: Will also reduce the stress on the devs to please all of the users with 1 forced setting. Thank you Asobo :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have to admit I was one of them. But in hindsight I also have to admit that I was wrong. Adding this turbulence slider will have more people flying the way they want. And that is what this sim is all about, isn’t it?
Cheers and happy flights!

3 Likes

My worry is that this does indeed work well for turbulence, but what about other meteorological phenomenons such as windshear (when it is introduced)? Will they still be able to regulate them with this slider or will they work outside of this logic?

I don’t want them to not introduce other features because of this new system. I imagine they have thought about it, so I remain happy for those who can now fly with the settings they enjoy.

1 Like

What i understand of this turbulence settings is that the setting does not change or remove the air behaviour. While we have the turbulence setting at low the turbulence is still there in the sim unchanged but it doesn’t affect aircraft as much as realistic turbulence setting. That means they can add new improved atmosphere like added windshear but those changes will not affect the lower setting of turbulence. Maybe we will feel the windshear but it will affect the aircraft less than on the realistic setting. I think it’s like a filter. Realistic will not have a filter. Hope i understood Seb correctly form the devstream.

1 Like

I see thanks for the insight!

I don’t mind having options for turbulence effect but I want the realistic option to be realistic. What we have at the moment is far from it. I’ve never seen or been on a plane/helicopter that behaves like this.

MSFS yaw oscillations - YouTube

11 Likes

For at least the Cessna 172 G1000 model there is an addon that overcomes the unrealistic turbulence and gusting effects. Aircraft motion and handling are significantly improved. No rapid twitchy movements from small wind shifts, turbulence experienced in a realistic mostly vertical displacement instead of exaggerated yawing and rolling. Wing waggle does not happen when using the AP.

Asobo C172SP AS1000 Realism Mod » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Having a slider to optionally decrease the effects of turbulence is a good start.
Though, I’d much prefer if turbulence was more realistic than this:

8 Likes

Agreed. No up-down, no side-to-side, no being tossed around…just wiggle-wobble of the tail back and forth. It’s both unconvincing and annoying.

11 Likes

Excuse me but is the title of this topic reference to the release of WU 12

This thread was created back in 2022, though there are references to a turbulence slider in the SU12 beta, this thread is not specifically about that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.