Thanks for delivering an arcade scenery flying product

I honestly have no problem with the pricing. If they only make the product simulate real life stuff as their name suggest.

a lot of people complainted about the pricing of the PMDG aircraft, but if you look what kind of work , time and effort goes into making a fully study level aircraft then i think the price is all worth it ! You never will hear me complaining about the PMDG prices…

Like i said. Pricing is not issue. The issue is when devs claim something that their product is but in reality it has no existence in whatsoever in their product.

1 Like

Why bounce after take off, real pilot here https://youtu.be/UvY89y45RkQ?t=1971

2 Likes

Big problem on the topic is accusing MSFS to not improve and listen and accusing moderator to hide or mute.

Your message are wrong and very misleading to public, there was tons of fix and even stated online

Here fact:
https://www.flightsimulator.com/june-11th-2020-development-update/

FLIGHT MODEL – UNIVERSAL IMPROVEMENTS are ready to test!
With this update, we are happy to inform you that flight model updates have been applied to all our planes. We have made overall changes to the aerodynamics for the vertical and horizontal tail to make them behave more like wing surfaces and no longer like flat surfaces. This is a big change in that it completely changes the model behaviour and required overall readjustment to all our planes. The expected result is that we now get more realistic elevator and rudder authority curves.

We also improved the weight and balance settings of all planes using better %MAC (percent mean aerodynamic chord) data.

General Summary of improvements:
Improved elevator and rudder authority for all planes
Improved pitch and yaw stability for all planes
Improved weight and balance for all planes
Improved stall behavior of all aircraft

https://www.flightsimulator.com/alpha-build-1-2-5-0-is-now-available/
Ground Instability.
We have worked on some of the causes for ground instability. In FSX Ground Effect was calculated once per aircraft at the CG of the aircraft. The closer the CG got to the ground, the more the aircraft’s lift coefficient was scaled up (up to 25%). To get more realism, we changed this to calculate the ground effect separately for each surface of the aircraft. This reflects reality better as one wing may be closer to the ground than the other and be more impacted by ground effect. Also, because the FSX ground effect was still referring to the CG coordinates, we now calculate the collision distance between each individual surface and the ground. And with this fix we now get a different and better lift coefficient scale for each surface. This helps ground stability because when the plane starts rolling on one side, that side immediately gets closer to the ground and then gets more ground effect. The other side immediately loses ground effect. This tends to push the aircraft back toward a level horizontal position.

We have worked on roll stability, which is the consequence of many different aspects of an aircraft. Including dihedral, wing sweep, CG and wing position. One particular aspect we added is that high wings have up to 5% more “effective” dihedral giving them more roll stability. So, we added a system that automatically adds “effective” dihedral depending on the vertical wing position. This adds more roll stability to our all high wing aircraft (C172, C152, GRAND CARAVAN, …). This does not however affect low wing aircraft. Mid wing aircraft will get a little bit of this. Low wing aircraft however already usually have a higher actual dihedral which compensates for this. For all high wing aircraft, there is now improved dynamic roll stability. The effect is not super strong, but from a 30° bank, they will tend to slowly return to a neutral bank, the strength of the effect fades as the bank approaches zero. This helps with an overbanking tendency and improves roll stability.

Improvements have been made to takeoff trim, and the effects of wind when on the ground, which makes take offs more realistic and significantly improves the wheelbarrowing effect that sometimes happened.

5 Likes

It’s almost as if people cannot tell the difference between a game and real life. If you want a real flight simulator, go buy one and you’ll pay a lot more than you did for MSFS 2020. Furthermore, as a developer, there is no such thing as a smooth bug-free release. Software is not perfect, especially when you’re dealing with PC and the different combinations of hardware and peripherals.

MSFS 2020 is a platform and as such, it will improve. This game is anything but arcade. Sure, it has some bugs and performance issues, not everything is 1:1 realism, but it’s still an impressive game nonetheless and there is nothing like this out there. This is one of the first next-gen games out there, it’s forging a new path and it’s going to be a little rough for a while.

6 Likes

Thanks for saying outloud. It’s a game. Not a simulator as the title suggest.

Real flight simulators use tables for the flight model, just like the legacy flight model but of course with much more data.

I think it’s impossible to simulate an airliner properly using the real-time flight model. Even with supercomputers today it’s impossible to simulate it 100% correct. If it was possible, we wouldn’t see new airplanes having thousands of hours of test flights.

Ergo, the airliners should stick with the classic flight model. It just works better for big aircrafts.

1 Like

Ah, a sim pilot disagrees with many real pilots about the value of what we have. Including myself.
It is the typical ploy of pointing out an issue and condemning the whole thing. Who cares about how much we did get in release 1 when there is, shock horror, maybe a bug or two in it!

Well, I do. I can fly all my VFR routes just like in real life with real maps and real procedures in aircraft that are plenty realistic for enough for realistic flying. Well, GA aircraft anyway. I haven’t tried a big iron yet.

1 Like

Go buy a plane :airplane: instead

Simulator is just a genre of game.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing out. It only suggest that there were issues in the product in the first place with the flying model. It’s that at the time of release it wasn’t addressed at a point of whether it will be on an acceptable stage. I don’t want to get with war with anyone. I am simply pointing out things that is wrong in terms of feedback. There is no reason to get aggressive. Not that you care about community much. I mean i am an one man army. What the hell can i do with such a big company like microsoft? Right? Most of the long term simmers are keeping their mouth shut because they know that their opinion doesn’t matter & at the end of the day. I am just complaining here because i really want a great simulator. Which the devs promise. We were concerned when we saw the release date. We asked to fix issues before release. Nobody listened. The threads,the posts were highly moderated. I can provide proof for that. But that’s not the point that i am here arguing. I just wish devs release a major fix addressing the flying model. You say that you made a flying model that’s out of this world or any existence well i find that highly unrealistic. There is an option of legacy flying model which is similar setting to FSX or P3D. But in switching to that doesn’t fix the REALISM feel either.

1 Like

GA pilots fly IFR too… you know, right?

Don’t speak for me sir. I would really appreciate it. I am simming since the FS5 days, have loads of Flight simulator and Vatsim experience and real life experience on the C172. I don’t know which real simmers you are refering to, but I honestly am having a hard time seeing what many think is wrong with the flight model other than that it has rough edges. I have “felt” bumps and turbulence, which I never seen in any previous (P3D/FSX) Sims, but have remembered them from real life. I can actually flare GA’s now, which I couldn’t even do with the A2A properly (but that’s P3D limitations… Oh yeah that “realistic” Simulator). I won’t lie it still needs a lot of works, but to play this down to arcade level is just ridiculous. It needs fine-tuning, not a complete overhaul. The reasons to the incorrect handling of many aircraft is not due to the underlying flight model. I don’t know why people still bring that up. If you put a broken DVD into a DVD player how would you know if the DVD player is broken or not. I don’t mind people not wanting this… It’s their business, but please stop speaking for me. I would appreciate that, thanks.

BTW your so called arcade simulator is the first in the MSFS/P3D line that actually is able to depict things like the same weather, cloud formation, wind, turbulence for multiple users flying together. These things are just as essential for something called a “simulator” (anong other things I have seen whee MSFS is the first to get it right) , yet these things never bother anyone before. Is that an excuse for this to have certain shortcomings? Of course not, but being hypocritical certainly wont help the matter.

7 Likes

I would like to correct you.

flight simulator - Computer Definition

Hardware and software that models the behavior of airplanes and spacecraft. Flying a plane can be simulated in a regular computer with flight simulator software.

it’s the same flight air model, the only difference is the controller setting\input. They never promised study level or anything, in fact on the latest Q&A they stated it’s a platform and the airliners are base for 3rd party they would not able to do what PMDG are doing, it would take years to do etc…

3 Likes

Well said Aviara :slight_smile:Out of the box live weather live traffic aren’t appreciated and impatience is prominent in these times. It’s going to take time for MSFS2020 to grow but I think it will happen sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Spot on. It seems the team behind MSFS2020 know how FSX and P3D grew to what it is, that is because of 3rd parties and community!

1 Like

This is a computer game, one that simulates flight. To whatever degree people can agree on. Just look up FSX or MSFS 2020, it’s classed as a video game.

2 Likes

Pretty sure people like OP will stop this nonsense soon. Give it a couple weeks or months. This happens all the time when a new title releases with some issues at launch.