Thanks for delivering an arcade scenery flying product

I guess i missed that. In that case it’s my fault.

1 Like

It’s probably time you got “muted” again. Your complaints are very subjective and most testers including real world pilots don’t share your views.

1 Like

I am still curious how people (being non developers) can actually tell the difference between an inaccurate aircraft on top of an accurate flight model and an accurate aircraft on top of an inaccurate flight model and an inaccurate aircraft on top of an innacurste flight model. The tracks can be the best tracks in the world, if a train is not built well it will still be a bumpy ride.

I got real life pilot responding to this thread as well. Instead of asking me you should ask him what’s wrong with the flying model in a more specific manner. Don’t care about getting muted again. It’s not like the devs actually listen to the major problem that were made before it was released in public.

14:46 What level of accuracy should we expect from flight models?

But the question is… Is it really the flight model or just the aircraft. If your pilot friend isn’t a developer that knows how the “insides” of a software work I don’t see how he can honestly make that assessment.

I for one think the C172 is far more accurate than the C172 was in FSX. I would even go so far to say the handling (not System depth) is in some areas more accurate than A2A (which again is due to P3D limitations.)

The person that claims to be a 747 pilot here that agrees with me is not my friend & i don’t know him. That proves how neutral the general opinion on this product.

1 Like

I can’t comment on the 747. The only reference I have is PMDG, but since that can be off as well to some degree I have no place in judging the 747. I can assess the C172 though and that seems pretty well done. Is it an inaccurate C172 on an inaccurate flight model that somehow hit the lucky spot of appearing fairly accurate? :smirk:. As I am no developer I will honestly answer “I don’t know”. But it seems rather likely that it’s a fairly accurate C172 on a fairly accurate flight model (more than FSX and P3D anyway)

1 Like

Indeed, you got real pilots responding. I’m one of them.

All you’re doing is complaining and desiring an audiance. Why is your opinion valid and those who disagree with you not?

Not happy? Don’t play the game. You even stated you didn’t pay for it so I’m not sure why you’re complaing.

1 Like

I would like to remind everyone that discussion of moderation is not allowed.

To maintain the environment of the forums, it’s absolutely necessary that the moderators can do their jobs effectively. To facilitate this, any discussion of disciplinary action or moderation is not allowed, and circumventing suspensions by posting on another account or having another user post on your behalf is also not allowed. This includes posting any chat logs or email correspondence between a player and a Customer Support Agent, Community Manager, moderator, administrator, or any member of Microsoft Flight Simulator staff.

If you have a problem with a moderator or feel you are being treated unfairly, please contact us at support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com

Code of Conduct: Code of Conduct - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The discussion of the Alpha and Beta testing phases is also prohibited as the NDA is still in place, for more information please see: NDA Reminder for Alpha/Beta Testers

2 Likes

Yes. As I told you before, it is likely that the problem sits in front of the simulator, using the simulator wrong. If airliners should feel like flying an airliner you need to use powered full-size flight controls. Preferably with a motion platform, but that just creates illusions and isn’t realistic at all. The flight controls might be. Oh wait, you’re using a stick or consumer yoke? Then you can’t judge.

1 Like

Yeah right Boeing pilot, I’m sure you’d prefer the actual Boeing simulator menus. They are much more intuitive for sure (Look! This one even has TWO cloud layers!). Not arcade at all. Oh wait maybe they are, if you thing back a few decades.

Now we’ve finally got a modern UI built from scratch for this sim, ignoring many flaws of previous versions, introducing sensible features and people still complain. It’s not perfect and many things may (should) be improved, but it’s the way to go.

8 Likes

On the airliner with overspeed warning. I can safely say that you left your flaps on too long, that’s why you got the warning.

3 Likes

Day and night on my side.
When you move airliners flight control surfaces, you really feel how heavy they are, not like other FS, really don’t know what you mean by there is no difference.
I’m not saying with this that they matches the real thing. (Would you expect that on default aircraft?)
But there’s big difference on my side at least how it feels hand flying them.
Having said that, there are still some specific FM weird things that sems to be shared between all aircraft in some flight conditions (like pitch bouncing/oscillations), that needs to be fixed, and they are already working on it.
But far far away from your experience for sure.

1 Like

Exactly! Thanks for sharing the screenshot of that Mickey Mouse professional GUI. Some people are just clueless.

2 Likes

I like very much the way you think, thank you for your optimism. I hope it won’t take too long, as autopilot and taxiways accuracy are quite needed to fly online properly on VATSIM.

1 Like

People who complain about MSFS in terms of realism honestly have no idea just how bad its predecessor, FSX, was when it first released. It was almost unplayable with the bugs and performance issues until the first expansion pack, Acceleration. The FSX default aircraft all looked and flew like trash compared to this. I’m glad that the MSFS default aircraft aren’t completely terrible, and to be honest they’re quite flyable indeed. And the 3D scanning tech Asobo used make them look fantastic, surprisingly better than addon developers like Carenado.

The default aircraft are made for the casual gamer, not real pilots. With FSX I practically never flew the default aircraft, in fact I stuck to FS2004 (aka FS9) for years until the bugs in FSX were fixed, and some decent 3rd-party addons came along. The same thing will happen to MSFS - If you want the best flight model realism you’ll need to wait a few months to a year for some decent 3rd-party addons.

5 Likes

Hello everyone, thank you for sharing your feedback.

I’d like to raise your attention to the level of assistance the sim is bringing. Please check how the assistance settings are set. The “easy” mode will prevent you from getting the “real” experience you are looking for.
It doesn’t mean that “easy” mode is to avoid, it just depends on your experience with simulators.

If you feel that you still not have the experience your are looking for, please send us your feedback. The team will continue to improve the sim.

7 Likes

Terrible post. So wrong on so many levels. This is a platform that enables simulation. It offers the basics. What is FSX worth without study level addons?

As a platform this is the most we have ever gotten.

7 Likes