The 1937 Grumman G-21 Goose tail number

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

N/A

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

The 1937 Grumman G-21 Goose

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

G-21A Goose G-OOSE

Brief description of the issue:

The tail number cannot be removed when creating a new livery.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Create a new new livery with a different tail number.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Maybe below topic can help or someone that faced the same type of issue ?:

Thank you for the advice. I have tried all the methods in the linked post, separately and together, and the G-OOSE tail number cannot be edited in any way or removed. It is baked in to the model itself.
There are now 3 repaints for this model and they all have the same tail number in the same font and color. The tail number is not part of any of the 3rd party liveries. In the default panel.cfg the color is specified as ‘black’ and not red as it appears in the sim.
Tail numbers should be user editable on the Customize page of the aircraft menu within the World Map screen, or if part of a livery they should be replaced when a new livery is applied. Neither is possible with this tail number, therefore it is a bug.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes, with the default red/white livery. No issue with the 2 MSFS liveries.
I did not try to create a new livery as OP did but as per his screenshots issue also happens there.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Issue with the default livery:

No issue with the MSFS Livery:

Only the G-OOSE livery has the baked in tail number, the Aviators and Xbox Aviators livery tail numbers are user-editable.

I don’t think this is a bug, but I’m assuming this is by-design with that specific livery.

The same tail number font and color appears on 3 different 3rd party liveries which don’t include a tail number in the livery, on the rear fuselage and on the upper and lower surfaces of the wings.