The 1947 Havilland DHC-2 Beaver

It’s most obvious in VR. Like there is a light in the footwells. I asked a livery modder if someone could make a dark floor and he said it would be difficult. Don’t know why.

1 Like

How do you get your cylinder temp within the blue range? It stays below it… If I put the carb heat warmer, that will go into the red.

I think the gauge is wrong. The blue range should start at 150.

1 Like

I used to fly alone and for all that matters i think that shared cockpit is a fact :rofl:, although i dont use it :thinking:
I was suprissed to see this guy in the airplane but i wanted to look through his glasses and this was what i see

I was able to do this by translate view

1 Like

Lol, nice way to discreetly show off your setup :wink:

3 Likes

Look at this picture:

4 Likes

Was this photo taken from a functional aircraft?

2 Likes

Hello all. I do like flying this plane, although the fuel usage seems excessive. I always fly the seaplane version of the DHC-2 Beaver, but I haven’t figured out how to get the landing gear to extend. The levers in the cockpit haven’t worked for me (one small one sometimes operates but doesn’t seem to do anything and the other won’t move). Anyone getting the landing gears to extend…PC/Steam version.

Hi @uberbudd
My gear extend/retract with my normal keyboard or gear button on my HOTAS. You can watch the handle between the seats activate. I can get the unlocking lever to move down (the small thing next to the handle in the screenshot), and then click on the yellow pump handle to pump the gear down, but I can’t for the life of me find a click spot to grab that little lever to move it back up so I can pump the gear up! So I’m limited to the keyboard or HOTAS button to toggle the gear.
Regards

Well DUH…I wasn’t thinking!
You just need to slide the view sideways a bit to get the small thing fully in view so you can activate it.

2 Likes

Oh-h-h. So that’s a locking lever. I thought the other handle was for the gears as it doesn’t show up in the regular plane. Thank you. I’ll give it a shot.

Here is one of my favorite plane songs! The Beaver Ballad - YouTube

Keep flying this more and more. Stopped at Buc-ee’s and bought some swag the other day, need to stick that yellow beaver logo on my yoke.

3 Likes

Hahaha, great song

Does anyone know if would be possible to paint the heading bug a higher contrast color - like white or yellow? In VR, it’s very hard to see as it’s dark red against black and low on the panel. Plus it takes about a thousand turns to move it and in VR and that’s a royal pain.

1 Like

the flaps and gear both work the same, manual hydraulic system and there’s an up / down valve level and a pump lever for each… the gear pump probably wasn’t doing anything as the gear up / down valve was already up/up or down/down… you just flick that in the direction you want to move the gear, then hit the pump lever… same as the flaps

and yeah, the click spots are a PitA :wink: I bet most people don’t know there’s a primer pump on the left side of the seat… I esp like the emergency cutoff switch overlapping the oil cap, which is super easy to mis-click when you’re going for the oil cap to stop the rattle sound :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve done that quite a few times already :joy: Overall really enjoying the Beaver it has so much character.

1 Like

Hoping the fuel burn gets corrected in the next update. Gotta keep an eye on that when playing FSE for sure!

2 Likes

Is the fuel burn abnormally high now?

It’s my understanding higher the prototypical. When you get to about an hour of flight time you start watching your fuel gauges mighty close.

2 Likes