The 1947 Havilland DHC-2 Beaver

I’m having the same problem. Was just wondering how something like this is missed by the developer.
Seems like either they don’t use, quick views, it works with their setup, or Asobo changed something at the last minute that broke something.

My controller only has right, left, up and down. I don’t have hat buttons to assign to 45 degree angles. I was wondering if the developers had something different than me and therefore the quick views were working for them.

2 Likes

This mod includes a quick view fix.

Not necessarily. I never do, using TrackIR and now Tobii.

They should do a perfunctory check before release, though.

2 Likes

So there is no warning (light or sound) when one of the fuel tanks is about to be empty? I almost crashed twice because the tank got empty just before landing. Had to rush to the selector to change tanks and start the engine again just a couple hundred feet over the ground. Barely made it.

2 Likes

In case that you have not discovered these great seaplane sceneries and docks yet…[…] (Return to Misty Moorings - FS2020 Home Page)

2 Likes

that’s been a cool project over the years, and was a fan in FSX… but I want FlyTampa quality seaplane bases now :stuck_out_tongue:

I started 22CA ( Commodore Center in Nor Cal ) - but it’s still idling in proxy right now.

I’d love to do all the bases in Ketchican Harbor + 15-20 fly-in lodges at ultra high quality… kinda like SWS did with Okavango Delta.

3 Likes

:+1:

The sceneries really do add to the enjoyment…

11 Likes

Noticed the same, climbed to 14000 feet, to check leaning seems to work, but if it behaves like in real beaver I do not know.

1 Like

In a manual I saw (MilViz, but not the MSFS version) it says, and I was charmed by this, to switch to your fullest tank before beginning landing procedure. And really, if you do that part of your checklist, you have both checked your fuel, and made sure your tank is as full as possible.

Welcome to the 1940’s. We are our own alarm!

I love this plane.

2 Likes

msfs seems to have much less sea plane bases than fsx. I used to fly the milvis beaver in the fsx days, and had a small virtual airline in AirHauler (Uncle Joe’s wings & floats) with 5 real life members flying in the Alaska pan handle. Only a fraction of the sea plane bases in fsx is avaible in msfs.

Oh, where is that.? Looks stunning.

1 Like

To be honest I don’t remember ! There are so many little seaplane bases. For example… Kodiak island seaplane bases (Megapack) » Microsoft Flight Simulator The RTMM sceneries are also superb.

The seaplane base in the picture is Ocean Falls Seaplane Base CAH2

1 Like

Only thing a Beaver had for anti ice is carb heat. It’s strictly VFR.

2 Likes

You can also heat the inside and I think there’s pitot heat. VFR until that window freezes over and forces IFR! :joy:

3 Likes

Just set your call sign to 33333 so it will say Dee Havyland tree tree tree tree tree. It’ll start sounding like a Perry Hill song.

3 Likes

Is anyone else experiencing strong/severe movement to the left on takeoff with zero crosswind?
This does not seem realistic to me but then again I have never flown a DHC-2 Beaver in real life.
Any tips to reduce this effect, yet maintain realism?
So far its a wobbly fight using the rudder.

1 Like

What a wonderful aircraft addon. Did some bushflying in Algeria with it.

6 Likes

No, it’s normal here.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem anything unusual for MSFS taildragger.

But try this (minimal wind, default loadout):

Line up.
Set about 1.5 right rudder trim.
Pull your stick/yoke gently back about halfway or so.
Disengage all brakes.
Slowly increase the throttle to 20 man in or so (gauge to the left of RPM gauge).
After you have reached halfway to 40 on the ASI, slowly increase throttle to 25 man in.
After the ASI crosses 40, gently return your stick/yoke neutral. You’ll rise on two wheels and the aircraft will want to steer left a bit due to that, so prepare to put some pressure on right rudder.
After stabilized on two wheels, push throttle to max. Slight pressure on right rudder might be needed.

2 Likes