The B787 Has Improved Dramatically via the Heavy Mod

If a 10 is the FBW A32nx, and a 1 is the Bredok 737, I would put the WT mods at a 8-9 and the 787H at a 6-7.

2 Likes

I’d give it a 7.

2 Likes

I would just twist that order a little in regards of flyability (especially on Vatsim).

For me the WT CJ4 (v12.5) is a 9/10 in it‘s current state. Working VNAV, lots of custom systems doing a great job, inbuilt Navigraph charts and so on but not finished yet. Best aircraft available for free atm.

The 787XH (experimental version) is 7/10. It has working VNAV and a good flight plan manager. Some systems are not implemented at all but it’s definitely flyable on Vatsim. Yes, there are bugs (like APU turning off when engaging left center fuel pump) but still it’s my new go-to aircraft after doing hundreds of hours on the CJ4.

The A32NX (dev version) is a 6/10. Super nice features like autoland and a unique attention to details but there are bugs and missing systems (VNAV) that make it a little tougher for Vatsim flights e.g. loading wrong STARs or approaches and therefore not matching the charts and your assigned arrival route (makes ATC sad) or completely losing the path when reaching decel point.

The FBW has many more working systems and functions but for me the basics for online flying are missing and that’s why I rank it after the 787XH.

6 Likes

Could not have said this any better. Well done.

Here you go! GitHub - Heavy-Division/B78XH: B78XH is an open source and free modification of default Boeing 787-10 in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

1 Like

I laught :joy:

What’s so sad is that even though B787 is a premium aircraft, we expect the volunteer developers to try to make the aircraft better. This of course applies for the A320 and B747 as well, huge respect to everyone who is contributing.

5 Likes

Love the mod, but i for some reason can’t activate LNAV for the plane to fly via GPS anymore?

Works fine for me

I’m watching this very nice video of the A320 Sim pilot assisted by a 787 pilot. Maybe I will try the 787 again in a few days. I’m now exploring Norway, priorities first :wink:

3 Likes

Hello,
I installed the heavy mod several times , but after take off both navigation (P/CP) displays got stuck.
LNAV/VNAV and Standby Attitude Indicator seems to work okay.
am i the only one? Is there a solution?
Thnx!

Try the dev version from their discord page. :grinning:

1 Like

It can be unstuck if you choose SYS in the panel but you won’t see the ND. You’ll just see the APU, FCTL, FUEL, etc digital buttons.

Maybe try the dev version as the person stated

1 Like

Anyone can comment if the flight dynamics and auto trimming is fixed also to mimic more to the real 787? For FBW I remember they did modded and the flight dynamics feels much more realistic (although more difficult to fly full manually)

Asobo hasn’t improved a single thing for the 787.

3 Likes

Yes. That’s why I now exclusively fly the FBW A32NX, at least it makes me feel more like flying a real plane, (though wasted my delux package money) I know it’s hoping for too much for a freeware but kind of wanted to understand if that’s a part of improvement target

1 Like

THNX for this tip! :+1: :+1:
Installed B78XH-WTFPMMEPOC and all is working fine now!
Flight EHAM-LFMN in progress! :grinning:

3 Likes

Flight dynamics still feel as if you’re flying a cloud, feels as if the yaw moment isn’t in accordance with mass… Took it from CYVR to KDEN last night using the latest heavy mod, captured glide slope just fine for 35L until roughly 500ft before minimums it decided to fly level, disengaged AP and to my surprise nothing but dead stick, AP off, disengaged, AT off, no throttle control at all dead stick no response, nose dive. Honestly, if this were an add-on plane that I had purchased from a developer I’d probably be cancelling the purchase through my bank. Performance wise, the A320 mod from flybywire performs better than the 787 in its default state, adding the heavy mod to it just makes performance even worse… I cannot speak for everyone here though, just my experience. Sadly, the 787 was a major factor in going with premium deluxe. . . bring on QW sim already :grin:

2 Likes

Keep in mind the flight dynamics are mostly from Asobo’s default 787. there’s only so much he (Heavy mod) can do with an encrypted plane.

3 Likes

And here I was looking for the dev version in the GitHub site despite me reading discord :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like