The B787 Has Improved Dramatically via the Heavy Mod

Can’t get it out of my mind :laughing:

I did the same thing… :rofl: The link on discord downloads from github though :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hahahahhaha. True.

Why isn’t anyone talking about how to install this mod? No instructions on the read me file. None on the website. What’s the deal? I found a random YouTube video on creating a community folder and that didn’t work. Any help?

Do you have the 787 through the premium deluxe content for MSFS? If you do then it is as simple as installing to the community folder but if you don’t have the premium deluxe upgrade then installing the mod alone isn’t going to do anything for you unless you have the aircraft. Now, in the event you have the aircraft through the premium deluxe upgrade and are installing the mod and it isn’t making any changes try getting the developer version of the mod from their Discord. Or perhaps the mod is having issues since the latest update that I am not aware of. Will soon revisit the mod since the 787 performance is so much better since the latest update of the sim.

Yes I have Premium, all the planes. I did install the mod the day after the update. I was wondering the same thing.

This is from their discord at the moment.

[+ KNOWN ISSUES OF SU5 compatibility fix:

• IRS is not aligned if aircraft is spawned on runway (workaround: use FORCE ALIGN in Heavy menu)

• IRS TIME TO ALIGN is 0:00 but displays refresh after next 0 - 30 seconds (workaround: use FORCE ALIGN in Heavy menu / wait for next 30 second after align) [reason: probably simvar cache problem]

• LNAV undershot turns (workaround: none) [reason: ASOBO fixed BANK LIMIT knob. When you set BANK LIMIT 30 the BANK LIMIT is really 30 (was 25 in SU4). Because of the fix the LNAV undershot turns because turn calculation is based on values from SU4]

Once you get on their discord, go to downloads channel and try the latest development version. And maybe sift through their dev updates channel as well.

1 Like

It’s really as simple as drag and drop into the community folder or extract directly to the community folder no other way to install. Is it not working for you at all or causing issues?

Just to clarify. I have the steam version. I created a community folder from the path that was instructed via another YouTube video. Dragged and dropped. I do have the premium version. I will say the HUD does not work now and the wiper switch is backwards. The PFD symbology is still default as well. Not sure if this is what it’s supposed to do after the Heavy updates……? Also I don’t have the payload menu on the MFD either. Last note, I installed the mod right after the update 5.

Not sure you have installed the mod correctly. Do you see the HEAVY button onn the MFD? If not, then it’s not loading.

Are you sure your community folder is where it should be? I don’t use Steam, so no idea, but it’s as simple as unzipping the mod, copying the folder and placing it into the Community folder.

Flying the HD787 as other airliners keep CTDing, and FPS improvements in SU5 make it flyable. Going back to my previous LNAV issues, I have set deadzones to 15% already.

I just noticed, LNAV consistently stops following flight plan right after it completes the SID (it doesn’t follow the waypoint after SID). Any ideas how to fix this?..

Ironic to say that, right now, HD787 seems to be the most stable modded (flyable) airliner.

had some similar issue after last sim update, IRS are aligned but PFD still looks empty
also clock is not working. my community folder was clean with only 787 HD mod. don’t find the fix for that issue

I’m having a problem starting the engines since the last major sim update. Any help or explanation would be most appreciated.

1 Like

Are you following the checklist? Is your APU still running prior to start procedures? Just a heads up, with the current state of the 787 in the sim the center pumps kill your apu. Your cross feed pump can be left alone given you are monitoring fuel flow. The 787 manages wing tank balance automatically.

1 Like

I was using the step by step instructions to the letter from this Youtube video… Learn the Heavy Division 787 with a Real 787 Pilot! Full Flight Tutorial MSFS - YouTube.

Everything is set to go and I ask for pushback and try and start the engines but they just wont start.

1 Like

That’s interesting, not sure how to help. Until we get a proper 787 with proper systems simulations we’re stuck starting it up the way we do in the sim. Have you tried deleting it in content manager then re-downloading it? You using the heavy mod?

Yes I am using the same mod as what the two pilots are using in their YouTube channel.

You might give it a go to just try using the in game checklist for before start and start up from the drop down menu.

Okay i will give that a go. . thanks!

Did you get it working? I am having the same issue with the engines not starting since SU 5.