The clock in the cockpit of some planes runs slower than in the real time on my XBOX

It’s not a fix for anyone with a 60Hz TV that is already running at 60Hz and has the same problem. It’s clearly a workaround that helps some people though.

2 Likes

Raging, ■■■■ yeah I read that you are 60 and still this problem. Perhaps my flight was a one off. I will try again.

1 Like

Yes ,the 60Hz setting sometimes works,but it is just a tentative method.
Try it at a large airport with heavy real time traffic such as KJFK where hundreds of planes are docking,taxing,flying . Just stay at the gate/park and watch the clock. It always does the trick in spite of the REFRESH RATE.

2 Likes

Last night , test it in KJFK after the AAU2 update. Nothing changed. Really sad.

3 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes
Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

As a keen MS flight simmer on xBox Series X, I am also finding a miscalibration between the clock/timer inside the B747-8i cockpit verses my ‘real world’ stop watch.

I believe that I am on what is regarded as the default [1x] sim speed (i.e. 2 notches up from the minimum rate setting) but when I compared the passage of a minute on my watch with the in-cockpit chronograph, I found that the cockpit clock consistently runs a few seconds slower than a ‘real world’ minute.

To ensure a thorough test, I have repeated this experiment at different sim rates and found that in all cases the cockpit clock is significantly slower than the ‘real world’ equivalent. Has anyone else done a similar experiment at 1x speed and found that a cockpit clock minute is slower than a ‘real world’ minute?

This mismatch of time is very frustrating as it makes it difficult to check progress on a flight plan in terms of the expected time at each waypoint and the whole flight is taking longer in the ‘real world’ to fly.

Please, please, please can Asobo 1) display the current sim rate on screen (like the old FSX days) so that we can be sure what sim rate we are in and 2) Re-calibrate the cockpit clock/timer so that it counts seconds at the correct ‘real-world’ rate i.e.a minute in the cockpit should = a minute in the ‘real world’ so that we can fly in true ‘real world’ time.

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Xbox series X

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Yep, I have that too and it is quite annoying. I am on Xbox Series X and I have noticed that the lag in time varies with the selection of the refresh rate: it is some 5 seconds or more per “real” minute for a refresh rate of 60Hz, but it is even worse when setting it to 120Hz (the latter with even more stuttering, most noticeable on the dynamic fs2020 boot screen with the rotating earthball).

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I’m losing 33% of the real time! And so my sailplane on xbox flies slower than the rest in a group flight who are on PC

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

no

Are you using DLSS?

xbox x

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:
Here is a link to a clip i made with a stopwatch:

Discord

Blockquote

3 Likes

So i just put my xbox settings to 720p and turn al 4K off and problem is almost gone. Around 8 seconds lost on 10 minutes. Its like time slow down when I turn to 4K 120hrz to maken the game run smooth. I should have bought a tv from the 80’s instead of a brand new huge 120 hrz mf. This ruins my total game experience after 500 hours soaring

1 Like

Thanks for the recent posts. You are not imagining that it is running slowly. Another good test is set a climb rate of say 1000 FPM, in calm wind, and you will get to about 800 in a min because the SIM is running slow.

I think that there is some code to try and keep frame rate at a certain level on console but is unintentionally slowing the SIM down.

Anyway I don’t think Asobo are bothered in the slightest to figure it out.

So I tried a flight in thebAsobo A320 and time didnt slow down but the main nav screen froze and the AP was off in the wrong direction to capture the FMS.

When I research the problem I find others experienced the same issues several months ago.

I think a lot of Xbox X users of the game are more casual and don’t realise it’s happening.

Anyway I have given up, not playing it anymore , have decided not to wast $$$$$ more for a powerful PC.

Shame because I love it so much.

Steve

2 Likes

FYI this is one of many xbox specific issues those of us that have made the switch no longer suffer from.

Well I am afraid this issue is not in the dev team’s woking list , maybe they just don’t care… So a new PC may be the best solution…

If it helps to soften the blow, there are so many things that are better and so many advantages to a good pc that my only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner.

Guys I agree PC is the right platform. Due to my age! I was part of the PC revolution. In fact it became the first thing I did when I built a new PC was to get the current version of flight SIM loaded and see how it performed. Spent way too many hours playing FlightSim, every version !!!. Due to using a laptop virtually all day for work I fell out of love with my PC hobby. Also when GPU prices went up into the stratosphere it totally put me off.

I was thinking perhaps if I did a build with a AV box style case I could put it next to the Xbox and plug it into the stat of the art TV I have (S95B) and would not need a monitor.

Avoiding the latest PCIE 5.0 and DDR5 and go for 4 instead, pricing is not too bad. But then of course it’s CPU and GPU time. Given that FS2020 is single core dependent then you probably need to go big on i9 Intel and don’t get me started on the price of a 3 or 4 series Nvidia GPU.

Anyway we love our hobbies, I know people who blow $$$$$ on RC cars which I cannot understand but each to their own joy I suppose.

Anyway let me know your thoughts on specs I should think about.

Kindest regards my friends
Steve

Yo what spec did you go with and how does the monster perform ?

Are you by any chance flying anywhere near the speed of light?

Sorry, but someone had to do it.

I have figured out how to exceed it…just not told anyone yet LOL

OK, tell me yesterday :smile:

LMAO good reply :grin:

Why do you think this is a platform specific problem? :thinking:

It is definitely not an issue w. frame rates: at least that is what my SW background tells me. You would not derive time for an in sim clock from the number of frames displayed. That would immediately cause a problem when you have different refresh rates or even variable ones (VRR)…

So my assumption is that the data to display a clock (and anything else that depends on time like climb or descent rate (hight change per time laps) is derived from either a HW clock and or by a parallel thread in the SW that serves as a time source but needs some sync with the “real time” from every now and then as well.
From that perspective (and still assuming that the XBox has no HW clock) this would explain why there is a difference between siming on a PC vs XBox. Would be interesting to see what the deal is when siming in the cloud…?
Anyway: this annoying problem needs to be taken up by MS/Asobo and it currently seems to be completely overlooked and/or ignored.

This is a bug report thread, let’s keep it on topic. There are plenty of other threads discussing PC hardware options so I suggest you search for them. I’ve now got a 7800X3D and have discussed it elsewhere.

1 Like