The current camera system is a disaster

I literally never understand what happens when I press End or Insert. What mode who knows, and god help you if you want to come back to the cockpit. Just keep pressing these two buttons until your back. It seems to be some sort of mode and submode, but then the submode influence what the mode button does. I don’t know.

I’m too dumb for it. The old s and I believe ctrl-s (or was it shift?) was so easy in FSX.

1 Like

It is a mess and quite lackluster. No flyby, no airport cameras…other than the cockpit camera system (which was changed after crying a lot during the alpha) the rest is unintuitive.

They have the resources and material to create the best camera system, they just haven’t cared that much so far.

They could even create a cinematic one that changes between flyby, static, surrounds the plane applying cool depth effects…they could do so much, wish they cared more.

They got a freaking beautiful game that could be shown off more effectively.

2 Likes

For real, why don’t they look at Chaseplane and develop a similar system? This is way too confusing, especially for new flight simmers!

Asobo is so proud creating such a camera system ,no need to fix or improve anything

I said this since i was on the Alpha! Nobody wanted to hear me

since the lanuch of msfs in 2020, the topic about camera system or wishlist about camera api is out there ,no response for 2.5 years ,no reason just Asobo prentent seeing this ,they do not want make any improvement about this ridiculous system

2 Likes

The wishlist is based on votes from the community. Simply because a wish is present, doesn’t mean it gets implemented.

Calling something a joke and ridiculous isn’t constructive nor will it assist in getting a feature implemented.

2 Likes

Asobo has bought multiple copies of ChasePlane before the initial release of the simulator.
Their attempt to recreate it has fail and will continue to fail.

you are right,i just vote and waiting this can be implement before 2030

2 Likes

i think Asobo learns nothing from chaseplane , maybe they just not experience this fantastic addon.

2 Likes

I was an original tester two years ago, and made comments on the camera system.

At the time there was no feature to save views and press a key to recall saved views. I posted that this feature was essential. At least we have this feature in the sim!

I don’t think they would redo the whole view system(?) but there should be a way to enable certain other views with a key press: tower view, wing view, fly by view (left and right), observer view (click on ground for view position). etc etc. Without these it just isn’t a sim for simmers!

@timinorlando That is a very ignorant thing to say. Real flight simmers don’t put other simmers down. Let’s grow the hobby, it’s better for everyone.
I’m a Xbox gamer as well.
I’ve invested thousands in my flight sim hardware for my PC. I also fly on my xbox when I’m on the go. It is much more convenient to take my xbox on a trip than my PC. Xbox makes simming accessible to people that don’t have money for expensive PC/Hardware.

Think before you criticize.

6 Likes

Then just bind those keys if you want, its not hard

Just like Bespoke. Who uses that in English? Nobody. And yet Asobo still uses it. They flat out don’t listen.

Not in American English, but “bespoke” is very commonly used in the UK.

3 Likes

Which keys do I need to bind to act like the old s key? Did you play FSX?

1 Like

Nope, and that’s my point. This system is very intuitive.

Hello,

Whilst it’s understandable you would like changes and improvements on the camera system, the best place to provide feedback is the #self-service:wishlist category here: Search results for ‘Camera category:163’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums as noted above.

We want to make these forums a positive environment for you to discuss Microsoft Flight Simulator related topics, and to give us your feedback on the sim. We rather value constructive criticism about MSFS as it helps the developers further understand, triage and resolve problems / make changes and implementation within Microsoft Flight Simulator.

You can also submit your feedback directly on the MSFS Zendesk here under “Submit a Request” and “I want to share my feedback or request a new feature”. Make sure to include as much detail.

I’m going to close this as it would be better placed as constructive feedback within the #self-service:wishlist category or via Zendesk. Feel free to contribute feedback to any of the existing topics / create a new topic if your request doesn’t exist.

And let’s not forget:

• One World, One Community - No matter how you play – regardless of console, experience level, or reason – we are one community of aviation lovers.
  • A Pilot is a Pilot - Welcome new pilots to the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.

Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes