The current camera system is a disaster

So true. It’s for me the only major flaw in the whole MSFS experience.
As stated before, It really misses a “Fly By” and Tower view.

1 Like

I suppose that everybody complaining about the replay has given their suggestions in this topic:

I must be a lone voice, but I like the camera system. If you are new to simming and haven’t knonw other sims that work in different ways, then it is entirely intuitive. I think the whole “make it like x plane” thing is a lot like asking apple to stop using the command key and be more like windows.

The drone camera is a joy to use with an xbox controller

1 Like

i don’t agree with you.why “apple” can not do something making the camera system more like “windows”? if you ask 10 people which camera system is better i think 8-9 will vote for xplane,the perspective “make it like x plane” is wrong , everyone knows xplane have a better camera system, just for the reason "msfs is msfs ,it can not have the good features like xplane , so ,i know which part is better , but for the DIFFERENCE ,i will not do that,i think it’s ridiculous ,i think Asobo completly don’t know what is really need for this “apple”

1 Like

Doesn’t your drone camera tilt to right or left when flying around?

1 Like

I hate the Camera system in this sim, Its not one bit user freindly and very jerky. I hope this is improved in the future.

Think the OP should start a wishlist thread on this.

1 Like

You are making assumptions. I think the opposite. Who is right?

1 Like

Real flight simmers aren’t Xbox gamers!

1 Like

no ,don’t think the wishlist will help,the "open camera api"is there 2years ,nothing happens

1 Like

indeed ,it’s not easy to use at all ,and full of annoying bugs

1 Like

in this forum ,i think i was right :rofl:

1 Like

Nice gate keeping there. I have an xbox controller so that makes me a gamer and second class citizen in your eyes?

I also have a £2500 gaming pc, alpha yoke, bravo throttle, x touch mini, a keyboard and mouse, 3 monitor set up and a G2 VR headset. How about now?

Grow up.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with you

1 Like

i think this is about “how easily when using the camera system" to xbox ,i think the controler is a better way to control the camera ,but for pc ,use mouse and keyboard in this ridiculous camera system is a disaster

3 Likes

yeah, just YOUR opinion. Its not bad at all.

1 Like

When you’re standing outside your car and you walk towards the back of your car, does your car look longer? No. When you’re sitting in your car and you tilt your head closer to the steering wheel, does the whole outside world zoom in with you at the same time? No. Need I say more? The Asobo team is a different breed and what peeves me off is they simply don’t listen to complaints of things that seem so simple. It reeks of arrogance.

4 Likes

the zoom bug is ridiculos

Glad I’ve matured into such a “serious simmer” that I barely leave virtual cockpit view so cameras don’t matter much to me.:rofl::joy:

Bought when it came out. I STILL haven’t set up the camera…the whole process is ridiculous and the results are not worth the effort

5 Likes

One thing that’s really annoying is that when in cursor mode (xbox or pc) some cockpit views move the flight surfaces when trying to move the cursor. You can easily crash the plane when using systems head down in the cockpit.

And of course there’s the annoying white dot, which I wish would go away when not in cursor mode.

2 Likes