Hello Simulator Pilots,
Are you ready to test your flight racing skills? No matter what plane you wish to fly, you can try your hand at flying the famous MACH Loop in North Wales, where all the military jets get to crank and bank and all out zoom. (noon Eastern Time Zone or 1600 zulu)
There will be specific categories of airplanes to compete and we simply time your loop for the fastest time around the loop. (WP5 to WP33)
-You get best 2 out of 3 loops if you wish.
-Certificates of participation for all contestants
-Giveaway prizes from scenery/aircraft providers, such as Orbx
-Enter into as many categories as you wish
-After you compete, maybe think about helping to judge or camerawork
It’s all happening on the ForderLearnToFly twitch channel live and in multiplayer.
Flight Plan for the Mach Loop
All registered Pilots must use Flight Events to be timed. (click JOIN and download the client)
Categories for Competition:
- Corsair and Spitfire
- F-15 and Eurofighter
- MB-339 and Vertigo
- Cessna 172 and DA-40
- Bonanza and Up
- Extra and Pitts
Come for the fun, stay for the excitement. All visitors welcome, all flight sim flyers welcome. Win prizes, take home a certificate.
Some Restrictions and Guidelines:
- Any time of day or weather you like, but we will stream in clear skies at noon.
- 1500 feet MSL altitude restriction. Standard Barometric Pressure between WP5 and WP33 (you are timed between these two waypoints) 29.92 or 1013mb. Check on the ground before you go. Elevation at starting airport (EDOG) is 19feet or near zero.
- Pass through each waypoint without shortcuts over hills.
We have tried to make this event not too detailed in restrictions but many are insisting we set some limits and rules to go by.
- Penalty of 15 seconds added to your time for each shortcut you take over a hill to a waypoint. We are encouraging a test of skill on a valley run between waypoints.
- Penalty of 15 seconds for each altitude ceiling break. If you stay above the 1500 foot MSL ceiling, you are out of this run. (you get 2 out of 3 if you wish). You will want to watch your speed through to WP19 as there are some tight turns that can throw you up and over a hill.
Here is a sample run done by Simulflyer without displaying waypoints in the Vertigo, a free plane download from flightsim.to : https://youtu.be/AdjQUKwtYxI
While you are at the event, look for the ForderLearnToFly Blimp. It will be piloted by our moderator: Dalle. We will have a camera in the sky. Forder Learn to Fly Blimp - YouTube