The forgotten island?

Moin,
approach and landing on LFKJ - Ajaccio, Corsica.
Did Asobo forget this island during the world update? Looks exactly the same as before.

But the approach to runway 02 worked very well. Only ATC… - but hear for yourself. the FBW Experimental Version - everything from April 14th, 21st.

Gruß
Dieter

3 Likes

I don’t think Asobo has included territories in any of the World Updates, so this isn’t really shocking. Those territories add up, especially between the updates we’ve had so far.

Corsica is not a territory, it is one of the 18 regions of France.
They did include territories like French Guyana, but probably not all of them.

Well, try and go to Corsica and ask the people whether they are French :wink:

The most importang thing missing in MSFS Corsica ATM is better elevation data, but that isn’t listed in the update log, so I guess they only terraformed some stuff around the landmarks and POIs

I was wondering about this too and was hoping to maybe see some water masking around the southern end of Corisca and perhaps updated DEM for the mountains.

On yesterdays Developer Twitch stream, they did show before and after examples of Martinique in the Caribbean as an example of French overseas territories that are included in the update, but it would be nice to see a list of all areas which have been updated for us to check out. Unsure if the likes of New Caledonia and Tahiti in the South Pacific got any better DEM for example?

1 Like

Agree, some clarity would be great.
I also checked Reunion island. It was already reasonably good with great mesh of the volcanic area. Doesn’t seem to have changed, but I might be wrong.

1 Like

… relax, la Corse n’est pas forgotten:
I checked the Col de Bavella Aguilles and the Scandola coast this morning (see pic, I know that particular spot from seakayaking), in fact its awesome what they did:

Also Reunion: les Cirques are much better delineated.
So both islands have much better DEM, chapeau Asobo.

1 Like

Awesome! My next flight will be to circumnavigate Corisca at low level to check out the improved DEM :grinning:

…you might check the Corsica flight in my “High Mountain…”-blog here.
Its fabulous what they have done with the Ile de Beaute!

1 Like

Since the UK-IRLAND update I’m looking for craggy island. Can not find it! I would like to visit Father Ted.

They also totally forgot La Reunion which is a part of france …

@ Flusi1202Fan:
Father Ted lives here with Princess Leia:

not Asobos finest hour…

Very nice dflight8685! I often do this approach myself (beeing Corsican) so you pass the 4 capes (Muro,Castagna, Isolella and Porticcio) before landing

1 Like