The Halo spaceship DLC

Always good to know when to put the mouse down.

Nighty Night.

Probably nothing, I wasn’t serious about that. Just trying to get the point across that it’s almost an insult to release this kind of stuff on a bugged platform which is supposed to be a serious “simulator for simmers”, yet can’t even get the windspeed in the correct units amongst other bugs or flawed implementations.

Just my opinion.

Good to see you here Bill.

We really need to take this all the way.

You know we all appreciate your wealth of knowledge that you share on here. I truly mean that, I have learned some things. But so many of your posts are very negative to the point where I wonder why you even bother playing this game? Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of issues with MSFS but there are also many things that are just great.
Now people have a little fun with this fictional aircraft, so let them. Not your cup of tea, fine. Don’t download it and ignore it.

5 Likes

To be honest, I’m helping out some devs with planes I have have flown personally and that’s about all I do in MSFS. There is just too much stuff bugged for me to enjoy using MSFS, seeing these kind of things being released is kind of an insult to everyone trying to make things better by reporting bugs and voting. Not only this thing of course, any new content. Yes I know it’s not the same people creating planes and scenery from the ones fixing bugs but it seems they just keeping slapping more and more stuff onto an unfinished platform, 3rd parties can create these things also, what they can’t do is fix the core sim.

4 Likes

That’s fair. You have pretty high standards and probably much higher than 99% of simmers (I have no interest in fictional aircraft either but it doesn’t bother me). There’s many people that enjoy the new content and the sim for that matter, despite its issues. Plus, they need more content to make money to invest into the core sim. So it eventually benefits everyone. I don’t find it insulting at all but we can disagree, all good.

The sim is still in its infancy and it does get better with every update. At least if you look it at holistically. MS bringing on WT also shows they really care about the core simmers and don’t view it as just a game. They’re really trying but they have to please a very diverse crowd. Give it time, eventually you may actually find yourself enjoying a flight in MSFS :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

Er, sorry but no, it’s not (I’m one of these guys reporting stuff). At least I know that the core sim team did not do anything on this aircraft/spacecraft. They still keep looking into issues as usual so it’s not an insult in any way.

It’s now like the third time you tell the same story - if it’s your own opinion that’s fine, but please don’t make it seem like it’s everyone’s opinion - thanks!

3 Likes

You are right and I agree with you, but then on the other hand I think, how difficult is it to change ATIS wind from ft/sec (whoever came up with that in the first place) to kts as an example.

Let’s wait and see what the future brings.

2 Likes

Talking about learning from people, what happend to @PZL104 and @willisxdc ? Haven’t seen you guys post anything in a long time, still here or given up?

There’s a hidden machine gun! Mod v2 exposes it.

1 Like

Personally I’m glad for the new stuff. My 9YO daughter has flown a little but with the new Darkstar and Pelican it brings out a whole dream of flight aspect that I think a lot of people forget about when they were small. Bringing people of all ages into the love we ALL share of flight is really what this sim is about IMO

6 Likes

I never realized it was that big !! Just tried it in VR, gosh this is amazing and a joy to fly !! MSFS and VR, there’s no word…I’m happy !!

2 Likes

It’s the little things that niggle. At first glance, they look like they could be fixed with a few simple code changes, like a wrong variable has been used.

Other little examples like that, which to my mind could be fixed in a lunch break, are when searching for an airport on the map screen, you click the search button at the top, but you then cannot enter your search parameters as the text entry box doesn’t have focus. I’m sure this is a regression, ages back, and has never been mentioned or fixed.

Another would be when looking at live traffic at an airport, the traffic for arrivals and departures is swapped. Either swap the traffic, or swap the labels at the top of the screen. Either way, again it looks like an easy fix.

There are just so many of these, though….

2 Likes
2 Likes

Awesome… Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for this new ship, Team Asobo.

Loving it.

I would love to know how you got the Hover mode to work in this. I have a couple of planes I would like to do this to.

2 Likes

I am not interested in the Pelican, but my son likes it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man, this thread just keeps going and people on both sides seem to be going to extremes. I mean enjoy flying sure but that last line: no point in comparing the sims to the real thing?

Here is a definition of simulator: “a machine designed to provide a realistic imitation of the controls and operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes”.

Besides, almost all critique and praise of this product has always come from comparing it to the “real thing”. That is also a selling point. I mean are you serious with that last line mate.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m serious.
Buzz Aldrin said that if a washing machine could fly - he could land it.

Remember - serious sims - Level D stuff (millions of dollars) is only about Procedeural Training. Not flapping about admiring the view. Which is what we do here.

Let’s get over ourselves.

Fly a real aircraft and your ■■■■ (literally) will change everything you think about this stuff.

Do it. I promise you it’s worth it. $120 an hour and you’ll get the picture. Straight and true.

But don’t come here and ask me if I’m serious about what I mean without doing it yourself - Real World.
It doesn’t count - it has no context.

Go up there for real.

It’ll change your life, you’ll fall in love and you’ll never be the same again. You’ll be a bird.

3 Likes

I am not sure what you are saying, with your example about Buzz Aldrin, or with the rest of your argument. I did not say flying in the sim is the same as the real thing. Also, what makes you think i have never flown in RL?

You said “no point in comparing sims to the real thing” and that argument is really extreme. Comparing it to the “real thing”; is a selling point, it is what people praise about a sim, it is their complaint if they are criticizing it.

2 Likes