The Halo spaceship DLC

Pretty much!:rofl:
Same I see 747s doing all sorts of funky behavior on the tarmac in MP.

Marketing plot to sell more copies, they were not awarded game of the year by any organization other then themselves.

5 Likes

:wink:

Actually, skip that. Starfield, from Bethesda, seem to have have done more since 2018 than CIG have done since 2014, and with a much smaller budget I expect.

4 Likes

Fun fact, the basic flight model works the same way as the one from XP11 and now, with CFD simulation in place, it’s even better.

The rest is tuning on the aircraft developers end.

3 Likes

Not something I would expect to see in MSFS. The level of detail that all teams go to to get what we have, FBW, Fenix, PMDG ect, I think a space ship should be separated for some other simulator. The simulator has serious simmers and casual simmers, but if space ships are being entered into this sim then they might aswell add missiles and guns to the F18.

2 Likes

They’re not testing. It’s marketing. There’s correlation between installed Halo and MSFS in xbox. It’s a nudge towards Halo players to install MSFS and expereince the ships they fly in the game.

1 Like

While probably true, this gives them a “baseline” to see how this type of flight model will behave in the sim and they can gather valuable data from it to move forward. Again, this is my take on it. ymmv…

I don’t care, I just enjoy every aspect of it.

After trying Elite Dangerous in VR, the concept of massive eternal dark space travel is actually pretty darn scary.:rofl:

1 Like

With a lot of these sci-fi ships, aerodynamics are not necessarily a consideration. If you have fantasy power sources meaning fuel is no longer a concern, you might as well fly a giant gold brick.

Well, it should not exactly handle as one but it’s about the modes transition.

It’s pretty hard to get a smooth transition between flight modes in an actual simulator so that’s worth to try on something fictional :wink:

1 Like

I must wrinkle my nose and grunt in partial agreement … however there’s a niche of casual pilot that really can’t fit there.

I love having a flight and a few, nobody wants my R dropping half lit Boston accent on ATC.

1 Like

why oh why There are enough Space type games out there dont need this on MSFS
I can see it now there you are having a nice steady flight in a single prop enjoying the scenery whe some kid comes along with his hyped up spaceship
keep space ships to space and flightsim to planes

1 Like

You won’t see it if you don’t own it.

Then do so. Don’t install it, switch to MP offline and fly into the wilderness :wink:

5 Likes

It’s always been a part of Microsoft FS history to feature such fun stuff.
BTW this mission is absolutely nuts trying to keep up with the speed of the UFO in VR(FSX Flyinside)

2 Likes

i fly low and slow with a group of guys mainly single props we have had the speed junkies come try and join with us and lad a 747 on a grass strip much to our amusement but spacehips keep them in hyperspace where they belong

Dont you watch the real world, there are all kinds of ‘ufo’ reports from pilots both civilian and military that see UFO’s all the time. So see the game is just copying reality. /humor

1 Like

But what they dont tell you about SC is that its records are for the longest in development without any actual thing to show for it, the most space ships sold, that you cant fly but you can look at them in the hanger, etc etc etc LOL

2 Likes

Solution: create a group flight with your buddies, turn MP to group only, set traffic to whatever you like and be fine.

This way you will only fly with your group and without any stranger bothering you - don’t know what the problem is here?

8 Likes