The Halo spaceship DLC

The darkstar isnt exactly a ‘sci-fi’ plane go read some reputable pubs and you will see that there is a plane that exists and is under testing that resembles the darkstar.

2 Likes

To everybody their fun and all that, but does this mean this also spawns at airports? To me, it’s already pretty annoying to see DC-6s and Grumman Gooses all over modern airports.

No one is forcing anyone to even install let alone fly the spaceship.

If people want to have fun and fly it then let them. Just because it’s not how you want to use this software doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

9 Likes

Should not be the case if you only use (live) traffic without multiplayer.

4 Likes

yep.

That’s maybe why I think that the timming is bad with 2 sci-fi releases so close. It’s because they couldn’t release de Maverick DLC on fall 2021’

Look i’ve been pretty vocal about bugs, performance etc.

However the people making the planes in the 40th anniversary edition are all contractors that normally make payware, doesn’t cost Asobo any manpower.

The Engine.Core/Simulation programmers are the ones that fix the bugs, not the ones making all these planes.

That said, the next SU in August better be good for all the time they take.

3 Likes

And here is a good point to show it still makes sense to bring the Dropship into the simulator because this way they can easily test new functionalities :slight_smile:

It’s a VTOL, so they created a way to transit between hover and flying modes which will be handy for V22s, AW609 Harrier jets or F35s.

The good thing is that they don’t even need a special license to let the public try out these functionalities cause Microsoft already owns the rights :wink:

3 Likes

Your having fun wrong stop it.

8 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I am going to keep replying to these comments when I see them. It is not about people shouldn’t have fun.

It is about people saying they don’t want the “simulator” with the biggest budget out there, to get arcadey.

2 Likes

Yesnt - what you guys don’t see is that these aircraft are also used to actually test the simulation. On the Darkstar (which by the way is not completely science fiction) it showcased that hypersonic simulation works within the simulators limits as well as switching from one engine type to another on the same aircraft (making things like JATO possible)

On the Dropship, just as said, the interesting part is the hover/flight mode transition which is used also today on VTOLs. These aircraft are likely testbeds without the need of any specific licenses Asobo would have to get from a real manufacturer.

Both aircraft files are open so third party devs can look into the files to learn how to create an aircraft with the same abilities - I guess that’s the real value of these DLCs :wink:

11 Likes

So does this mean you are gonna see unrealistic VTOL hovering generic plane models in multiplayer?

I’m just trying to be light hearted in my objection.

As soon as Mave rick* and his F18 polluted LAX with Miramar a stone skip away I suggested an aircraft filter.

*yes I hate that splash screen

Allow me to push some button that I don’t have to look at military or space travel.

3 Likes

It seems that… yes, that is the case.

1 Like

Why yes you probably will, so leave live traffic on and turn off MP unless your flying with friends. But hey I saw a a320 breakdancing in the air a couple of months back, so with MP off and generic on your still libel to see some silly stuff. ;p

2 Likes

This is my view on this as well. They did this so they can test out future plans they have with the sim, this is a long term project.

Personally I don’t think it should interfere with anyone’s sim experience negatively by having these types of aircraft. Jorg has mentioned many times they want the sim to be enjoyable for many types of simmers and this adds to that “mission statement.”

2 Likes

The flight model is already arcade mode. Why not extend the whole game towards arcade mode as well?

At this point of the topic I should remember to everybody that IVAO and VATSIM exists and a lot of us fly there because we can play with anyone in any sim, and we are all restricted to realistic operations and planes.

I dont know about that the Pelican doesn’t handle like a harrier or a helicopter so what could the be testing?

If you don’t like it don’t download it.
If MSFS is just a simulator why is to called “GAME of the year? Tell me…

2 Likes