The Moon

Revered and worshiped in every human culture, the moon is a fundamental part of our very existence. The MSFS moon is absolutely beautiful. Its waxing and waning as it rise or sets, its phases and the way it illuminates the world. It deserves its own screenshot thread.

Please add your favorite moon shots.

I have many. Here’s the one I like best…

(sorry about the color banding … didn’t save with high enough quality settings)

26 Likes

… And sorry I forgot this bit … to whoever in the Asobo team is responsible, - a big thank-you! Your work is very much appreciated

2 Likes

17 Likes

That pic really needs a BMX being ridden in front of the moon with a basket on the front…l :smirk:

14 Likes

9 Likes

Beautiful shot

Wow, that shows an exceptional level of magnification and detail. Would you mind sharing how you did that please?

Nothing clever - Over Greece in the C172, external camera zoomed in as far as it will go. Screen shot taken in 4K then cropped to the appropriate bit at HD resolution. You can just see the aerial on top of the wing in the image.

Nicely done.

1 Like

Hey, I have got a couple for you…

Naples, Italy :

French Alps :

Carcassonne, France :

Blagnac, France :

10 Likes

Wow is that actually MSFS!!! And some of these others. The DA## into the moon, incredible guys.

3 Likes

The moon looks good. But the rest of the picture looks horrible. I haven’t tried MSFS at night yet. Does it really look that bad? Honest question. Not trying to bash anything.

Let’s just say there is some opportunity for improvement with the night lighting…particularly in the middle distance.

Well reported and acknowledged by Asobo in their last Q&A session.

9 Likes

This one looks quite real :

9 Likes

fab thread and pics guys!

…to the moon…alice !..

:slight_smile:

Now I wanna fly SpaceX Dragon!

Dusk at Bordeaux a few days ago:

2 Likes

No matter where…

4 Likes