The new Mountain Air Airport (Burnsville, NC) 2NC0 is cool but a little bumpy

A big difference between the generic and this add on. The add on completely transforms this private airport. The runway is a little bumpy and visually on the edges it’s pretty wavy in a few spots but wow… imagine having that as your home base!

1 Like

I noticed the bumps too. Surely its not suppose to be that bumpy, hopefully an update will be released soon.

There is an excellent free version of this airport on flightsim.to, no bumps or wavy runway.

2 Likes

The more I think about this… :angry:

There’s only one runway. One. And they release this in the Marketplace ($$) with bumps, dips, waves on various parts of the runway. The only runway.

But a guy/gal can do it properly for donations (but not be allowed to sell their good product in the Marketplace).

I have to wonder where those initial 5 star ratings came from. I gave it a two. If it’s a five as is, what would it be if the only runway wasn’t bumpy, dippy and wavy?

Anyway, thanks for the tip on the other 2NC0. I’ll check that out.

Bought it today and noticing this too! Hopefully its updated but that’s no guarantee anytime soon!
Quality wise better than the freeware version.Runway wise nope!

Sent a little email to their support and received a quick reply along the lines of that they’re aware of that, it has to do with terrain mapping from Asobo so the fix isn’t totally independent but they’re working on it. I was reassured as the rest of the airport is so well done.

It’s decent but the edges of the runway need work. Also, I wish these developers would “star” their airports using the SDK. Unless you remember the airport code, you’ll never find it again on the map. We desperately need a “Payware” filter on the world map. I can’t tell you how many airports I’ve purchased only to forget about them and never use them unless I go into the Marketplace to get the code. Asobo would be wise to address this since adding a star varies from developer to developer.

2 Likes

Sorry to necro-post, but if you make sure you have v1.2.0, the lumpy ramp and runway are smoothed out.

1 Like

Yes! The update fixed those issues. :+1: