The only thing killing the 310 is the autopilot

How can it be that such an amazing addon, that was worked on for god knows how long, comes with the default autopilot??? Hate it hate it hate it.

#Milviz pleaaaase give us a descent autopilot pleaaaase !!! I really like your work but the autopilot sucks.

2 Likes

Apparently, PMS50 is developing a 3rd party KAP140 AP unit. If it’s anywhere near as good as his GNS and GTN mods, it’ll be worthwhile waiting for and accurately model the real unit, unlike the default Asobo unit.

So basically there little point in Milviz reinventing the wheel if someone else is already working on a solution. We just need a little patience.

3 Likes

Or there is a free KAP140 mod which is referenced on the main 310 thread. I have got it but havent tested it yet, due to time limitations.

I have been using it for 3 days and it works well. I can preselect ALT and VS without problem. It captures APPR and GS perfectly for me.

My ONLY issue, and others say that it is real to life, although I have never landed in a GA plane that acted like this, is how it is coupled to the runway on landing. There is almost no compression of the struts.

The modded AP is indeed working well though.

1 Like

I am so used to the G1000NXi. Even though the TDS GTN750XI has some upsides it still need help with approaches and general Situational Awareness.
But I am really enjoying the 310R…got almost 20 hours in it now.

What’s wrong with it exactly. It worked ok the last few times I used it in the c172.

You are saying it’s modded and the OP says it’s default. Which is it?

The 310 uses the default KAP140. This is a mod for the KAP140 and is what I said works well. Don’t how else to spell it out for ya.

Thx got it.

For the OP.
So after reading what this mod does I still don’t see why you think the un-modded version is so bad. It doesn’t appear to change anything fundamental to the basic operation but adds realism and accuracy from what I read. If the default one doesn’t work in this aircraft please explain why.

I feel this also. I’m not a pilot, but that’s the impression I got. It just lands and then boom… stuck to the pavement. That part doesn’t feel right or natural to me. My gut tells me that’s not how physics work.

1 Like

The 310 is a rather heavy twin with an unusually thin wing. This makes for landing characteristics that maybe aren’t what you expect because they’re different from most other GA airplanes.

We had several very experienced 310 pilots advising us at every stage of the project (including a CFI) and they weren’t shy about telling us when we got things wrong. If they told us the landings were inaccurate or unrealistic to the 310, we’d still be working on them.

Here’s a video that may help you with your 310 adventures:

4 Likes

Thank you for that info. I’ll check that video out.

Can you pls help me and install the mod? I can’t find a download button, and when I click the file it opens the code.

Think you have the wrong package. As I remember it, mine was a .zip package which needs to be unzipped and the resultant, extracted folder simply moved into the community folder.

Follow this link and download the new-kap140_v107.zip file.
Then unzip it in the community folder.

Thank you for suggesting this video. It was very informative and helpful. After watching it, I took the plane out for a spin. My landing felt so much better than any other in this plane prior. Still have to work on greasing it, but it was a noticeable improvement over previous landings.

1 Like

Your 310 is awesome. I love how I have to fly and land it a bit differently.

1 Like

Did you try my workaround?
At your own risk: flight_model.cfg, lift_coef_ground_effect_mach_table =0.534000:1.550000

Maybe I’m getting used to it, or it really helped floating till touchdown.
Regards,
Herbert

After watching the video by @zkdos that @FurtiveRobin142 posted above, I’m far more comfortable with landing the 310R now. It’s definitely still more challenging than other planes to land smoothly, but I’ve manged to pull off a couple of nice greasers so far amongst my many firmer touchdowns. Overall, my landings are getting better, with really rough ones becoming far less frequent. It still feels a bit odd compared to other planes, but now I understand why due the explanation of the thin stubby wings. The behaviour makes sense to me and I have to learn how to consistently work with it.

I prefer just learning to adapt to it vs messing with config files to make it feel more like I would want it to be.

3 Likes

Amazing addon?
It doesn’t have touch down sound on external view
And it continues crashing the sim randomly
The sound varies too much depending on the angle of view
You increase the power just a bit with F3 and it goes all the way up to full
F2 to decrease it and it goes all the way down, sick
And not the light of the tail behaves as bad as the FBW320 and the 330-900, if you press F5 to fully retract flaps then the light goes off
ETC
I had enough of all them

1 Like