The Pilatus PC-21 very soon by Iris Simulations

Excellent and unexpected news directly from Iris! A beautiful PC-21 on approach restored in MSFS by the RAAF Virtual!

11 Likes

Excellent news, hopefully they do a better job than the other PC-21 available in the store.

1 Like

The other is from a questionable developer who has his products on eternal ā€œsaleā€ on the Marketplace just to get more attention, surely not a high mark to pass.

Irisā€™ actual reputation seems to be decent enough, however they donā€™t seem to do custom sound packs. This will probably link to the stock TBM sound files or something.

I appreciate the focus on military trainers though, if they do a less glassy (and more steamy) one with full radio navigation suite, count me in (Iā€™d have bought the Grob, but I donā€™t think it has ADF?).

If you want a similar trainer with steam then check out the TB-30

1 Like

I highly recommend the Grob, Iā€™m a big fan since they released the FSX model. I donā€™t use the Tutor/glass pit model, I much prefer the Heron with itā€™s ā€˜steam gaugeā€™ panel and that quirky little GPS it uses (without a map display). Lots of fun in my grass-stripping adventures.
No, no ADF unfortunately, but that is what visual and deā€™d reckoning is for! :wink:

I wonā€™t buy the PC-21, though. I much prefer the PC-9, which I thought they were going to release.

Heā€™s a apparently got the PC-24 up next. Iā€™m waiting for that.

2 Likes

I have the TB30 by Azurepoly, itā€™s terrible. In VR the cockpit scale is gigantic, and the dev refuses to even acknowledge that itā€™s a problem, and whatā€™s worse they continue to claim itā€™s ā€œVR compatibleā€.

Same issue with their BD5. Very dishonest of them.

Oh yeah - definitely be getting that - their previous one was a joy to fly.

1 Like

Eicks! That frightened me. I was quite interested in the PC-21 since the spanish Air Force adquire some for pilot training. I avoided the existing PC-21 as the developer is known to be very low standard, but was confident about this new one.

Knowing that I will wait until I see some reviews.

I think youā€™re getting mixed up, tempmoe was replying to a different comment where someone mentioned the TB-30 - which is by a different developer (AzurPoly).

Mind you, Iā€™d still wait for reviews first as Iris Simulations arenā€™t the most responsive for aircraft needing updates.

1 Like

Certainly I misanderstood the comment :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Happy to know. Letā€™s wait then and hope it is not too broken!

Thanks!!

4 Likes