The request is not supported

Please bear with me on this one.

This relates to my once functioning MSFS suddenly failing to open with the error “The request is not supported”

Capture

Followed by:-

CaptureXbox

I have been working on this problem for 4 days now.

I have tried every conceivable trouble-shooter and fixes promulgated from official and unofficial websites, all with no success.

The list of attempts is extensive, starting with uninstalls and clean ups, downloads, even to a different locations.

Starting exe file as administrator, ensuring all Xbox and MS stores are up to date and signed in. App trouble-shooters, no effect.

I have a PC with adequate Specs to run and have done so since purchasing in Aug 23.

Making sure all Xbox services are running and set to automatic.

Windows updated, graphics drivers updated.

The list is endless, removed any addons navigraph etc.

Plus other fixes I have tried.

The only thing that I did find is that after I had gained permissions to read the windowsApps folder, there was a condition set for a folder existing that differs from the named folder in my first screenshot. It only was looking for the 8wekyb3d8bbwe folder to exist as apposed to the truncated folder name with the version number 1.35.21.0_x64 included.

I understand this is a linked folder and is basically looking for or calling in the location of the flight simulator EXE file.

I have since rescinded my permissions to the windowsApps folder after using ICACLS in powershell to restore back to default permissions that existed before.

I have read this is a risky thing to do but I am not convinced this is the issue.
The second Xbox screenshot error indicates that the Xbox is unable to download what is i suspect a required update?

Lastly I include a strange grab of an error i had a few days ago which really threw me. multiple reinstalls have not fixed this.

Capture1

I am at the end of my tether now and am close to just starting all over again and reinstall windows 10 and rebuild up my software and programmes, it is so disheartening.
Please no abusive or derogatory comments, but hoping for some constructive help with this,

Hello @Shearer9795,
Are you enrolled in the “Windows Gaming” preview from the Xbox Insider program? If so, exit from it.

Hi Hester,

Not that I am aware of, How would i find out please?

Regards,

Shearer9795

It’s an app on Windows (from start menu) called “Xbox Insider Hub”.

Also, you may want to read this topic:

Hi Hester,

I checked out all your suggestions and followed the post you linked too.

Todays update, Last night i logged into my computer as Administrator.
Opened Xbox app and logged in with my usual details.
Installed MSFS which downloaded the 2Gb initial download.
started MSFS and voila, all was good.
On initial opening it wanted to download the 135Gb of Asobo aircraft and scenery etc.
I directed these downloads to my nominated folder on C drive.
So far so good. Got up this ,morning to find MSFS up and running with my Microsoft credentials showing as me connected to MS. Had a quick look round options but didn’t change anything.

So this morning after this i logged out of Admin and back into my own profile.

Expecting something different to happen this time but exactly the same errors,

Capture

Whilst in Admin last night I took these screen grabs:-

It is definitely something to do with admin rights to something, exactly what i do not know.

I have considered copying the admins App Data local folder into my own profile, not sure what that would do?

Any thought anyone here?

HELP

Well in the end had to bite the bullet and did a windows 10 recover to fix the whole ■■■■ thing.

So hours and hours of reinstalling all my software and programs.

The only good thing is that MSFS is up an running…Nightmare.

Thanks for your help Hester40MT