The silence since SU7 was released is deafening

All depends how you fly.

If you fly an airline IFR using correct procedures and external, accurate ATC, charts etc, then the current state of FS2020 makes it less enjoyable to fly.

Each to their own of course.

1 Like

I agree, appalling lack of communication from Asobo. Haven’t used the sim since SU7. Was going to buy a few things in the black Friday sales. Haven’t bothered. Hopefully others will have voted with their feet too.

2 Likes

…and therein lies the problem. Asobo can merely hunker down in the Microsoft bunker and follow the same customer service practices.

Yes I understand that, but the post was about problems after the SU7 update. As far as I can see from reading these forums many of those issues have been around since day one, SU7 didn’t make them any worse. I’m not saying they shouldn’t be fixed, but to suddenly declare that you aren’t going to use MSFS again after SU7 seems a bit strange to me.

I fly exclusively in VR. Without proper toolbar access it is extremely difficult to access charts and a dodgy mouse makes accurately tuning Comms, setting instruments and flight systems etc, very difficult.

Also, on approach and short final, you don’t have time to mess about with workarounds

6 Likes

Well said, OP. It’s refreshing to see constructive feedback on this forum.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree with OP on the VR issues, as well as other issues that are no secret now that we’re more than a week since SU7’s release.

I’m not upset that the game has issues, but the lack of communication with the community about known issues is… not a great look. Forget the haters that complain all day every day, there are indeed adults among us, and all we want is acknowledgement of issues, if only so that we know that you know.

Keep up the good work. It’s not been a perfect ride, but we’re still rooting for you, Asobo.

3 Likes

I just keep flying. What’s a CTC once in a while between friends! I’m holding out for GOSLY (Game of Some Later Year) to have it perfect. Software isn’t ever perfect, but you can release quality. Where is quality Microsoft?

2 Likes

As previously posted several times on the forums and our other social media channels, there was no Development Update this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States. The current problems with VR and TrackIR are listed in the Known Issues section of Zendesk, and the dev team is aware of them.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

3 Likes