The sim has NEVER looked and performed so well

Lol. I’ve tested everything and you’re 100% making up stuff.

Your computer has issues along with your ability to test things and perceive visuals.

this is amazing!! 86 FPS on ultra over London. Absolutely superb job guys

4 Likes

I managed to get 55 while landing in Tokyo, and with better graphics, the Lods in my case look way better now. Crazy update man hahaha I am super happy

2 Likes

Yea, I have to agree, this update is horrible, smh… Never cease to disappoint … smh

how is it horrible if you don’t mind me asking?

It surely can’t be that bad if it’s so good for some…

1 Like

ah typical… there will always be trolls!

1 Like

5900x with 3080 here. Went from 36 fps to 56 fps at KSFO in a tbm 930 at 4k ultra/high. This is insane. And the sim looks even better. Great job asobo.

4 Likes

“Oh no, they do not have the same opinions as us, they MUST be trolls”

3 Likes

not what I said… but when its constant negativity you have to question…

5 Likes

[quote=“Hugothester, post:80, topic:426597”]
Edited because reasons. Have fu n with your good ole boys club.

3 Likes

It’s a bit of both I’m sure.

They just haven’t realised that they now have more choice.

As I posted in others threads, I only have 2 small bugs where my axes for some functions was inverted (trim and horizontal free lock). The weird things is it happened in 2 times. Trim was inverted yesterday, and horizontal free look started to be inverted today. So something buggy on control settings side.

Saying that, the improvement on fps and quality is spot on. My test scene on monitor showed a raise from 60 to 84/95fps, and even in VR I had a good boost, smoother. I turned all my settings up to ultra on monitor, lowered a bit shadow, removed Blur, and I can play at 60fps anywhere even big cities, at 60fps with lot of headroom on GPU side.
In VR I was able to raise all LOD and even Render Scale for the same result than SU4: 45fps everywhere.
Glass cockpits have now the same performance hit than all other steam gauge plane, which mean I can now fly them in VR.
And not a single CTD for me, but I only played 5 hours with SU5. My Community folder still empty for now, I didn’t try to add some planes I got.
So far so very good!
Really happy!

This is a Discovery Flight so it’s hard to really compare this to the general sim – the objects don’t pop in or out like they do in the open world so to speak.

There is indeed an issue with pop-in, but if in exchange I can get the fps and graphic fidelity I get now, I will just be careful while moving the camera too fast :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

As a reminder about the Code of Conduct, do not direct posts to others. Keep posts civil without name calling.

I see a detailed pyramid in the foreground, a blurry one in the middle and a completely flat shaded behind.

To be honest, this does‘nt look good for me.

With lowering your settings to this level you could have had this fps all the time.

You can do this for a little reduced pop upping. The impact on performance is to neglect. Just try, you can go back everytime. Don’t forget to write protect ur user settings to safe it from being unintentionally resettet.

wow- 5900x and RTX 3080 - powerhouse PC and ‘was’ only doing 36 fps??? I’d be very concerned. This is the big issue with MSFS - it’s so incredibly beautiful and real-looking… and yet performance is a struggle unless you have the big dollars to invest in latest/greatest hardware. At some point one considers taking one’s wagon and heading home :frowning:

You ‘were running’ at about the level of the XBox Series X… (4k 30fps) and a bit more invested than $499 (MSRP) ‘if you can find one’. Of course the 3080 is about in the same boat (hard to find at MSRP). This latest update totally borked my lower-end ASUS ROG gaming laptop in MSFS. It won’t run, all controllers are inop and it freezes up hard. Intel i7 7700HQ CPU / NVidia 1050Ti GPU / 16 GB ram / 500GB NVme Drive - Controllers Airbus TCA TQ and seperate Joystick, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals.

So true!!

the update is a disaster for hardcore pc gamer’s

3 Likes