The tradition continues

Asobo, in a matter of a few months, managed to establish a tradition with its FSXX updates:

Fix some minor things, bring some new eye candy, but generally make the experience worse by introducing new bugs, decreased performance, braking things etc.

I should be excited for updates and new features, but I have learned to fear them instead.

Asobo, if you are reading this: Please break with this tradition. I can happily do without it. Thank you.

55 Likes

Haha. Yeah. Hugs are always welcome. Thanks.

4 Likes

Actually, this is the first time since launch that an update really got me back using msfs everyday again. For me. Performance got alot better and the uk update looks the best from all the world updates so far.

Strange how so may people have so many different experiences after this update. Especially performance wiseā€¦

9 Likes

Asobo, if you are reading this, please ignore.

14 Likes

Performance is ultra much better after this update. Check your system or Graphic card settings.

6 Likes

Really? They fixed two major bugs! The spikes and the water going up the coast

Most see similar or better performances

Yes they did break taxi lights (not really a show stopper) and flight dynamics for a few planes which is a lot more concerning considering they were not that great to begin with

3 Likes

Flight dynamics and modeling would be most important in a ā€œflightā€ & ā€œsimulatorā€. To me, flight modelling is important.

5 Likes

Yes, please ignore this comment.

5 Likes

I disagree. But iā€™m definately not a ā€˜defenderā€™ of asobo.

This update was the best so far for me. And iā€™ve seen alot of updates fail indeed since alpha. Sorry you see otherwise.

5 Likes

Wich flight dynamics from wich planes are you talking about specific? I havenā€™t noticed anything different in flight characteristics.

Overal flight dynamics seem alot better then the older sims. Except for maybe the airliners. Well i believe their flight dynamics are better but the aircraft themselfs arenā€™t properly making use of the new flight model. Ga aircraft seem to behave much more realistic then anything else in the flight sim world.

Aerobatics howeverā€¦

Seriously? How could you miss this thread?

It has been acknowledged by the community manager and flagged to the developers

10 Likes

Didnā€™t see it. Read the first sentences and youā€™re Right! Noticed it on the tbm yesterday, almost didnā€™t slow down on approach and touch down speed was alot slower than usual. Only did one flight so thought i messed something up myself. Didnā€™t pay anymore attention to it. Was flying the 172 today and seems all fine though.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes it seems to impact the turboprops the most.

2 Likes

Pun Intended! :wink:

They are working towards having beta testers so they can have more testing done before updates are released I think thatā€™s when things will improve with new updates, but may cause more delayed updates which I expect people will moan about.

1 Like

Boy I wish I could say this update has made my player experience better, BUT Iā€™VE BEEN ā– ā– ā– ā–  TRYING TO DOWNLOAD IT FOR 2 DAYS NOW. Yea Iā€™ve tried all the solutions for looping downloads with no success. Another WONDERFULLY TROUBLESOME product by Microsoft.

I have noticed after the latest update that my frame rates went from 60 fps to around 40 fps. Not happy with the decrease in performance.

Isnā€™t t this a discussion forum? Guess they canā€™t take constructed criticism :grinning:

5 Likes

That is strangeā€¦ my framerate has increased with this update (approx 5-10 FPS). I always monitor performance metrics while gaming.

i7-9700k 4.6GHz, GTX1080ti, 32GB, 3440x1440, NVMe install

Wish I could say my framerates have gone up, but they are at a big 0 since I canā€™t even get the update downloaded and installed.