The whole fleet is grounded in the hangar - structual cracks detected

OK, so you would rather they continue to say nothing?

If you use live traffic, try turnign that off in flight and then back on again. Has been known to solve performance degredation.

Live traffic is off at my side since day one also multiplayer.

Couple of thoughts here that may help.

If you are a Navigraph subscriber, simply moving/renaming the Navigraph folders in your community folder will cause issues with the Navigation data. You need to use the Navigraph installer to remove the data - this then properly restores the sim base nav data. That’s probably why the nav data then worked when you put the communty folder back. If you don’t use Navigraph, then it must be something else.

Some issues with hangs or CTDs are also caused by 3rd party purchases in the marketplace. I think Asobo need to explain this better, but if you are having hangs or CTDs, removing marketplace purchases too may well help. For example, I can’t load in to a flight in the London area with Orbx London Landmarks, purchased through the marketplace, installed. So it isn’t just add ons in the community folder that can cause issues.

1 Like

Indeed, Alt-F4 is the ludricous way to end a running progam but should not be the way to go…
Don’t get me wrong… even I am sometimes forced to kill FS the rough way…

I haven’t subscribe to Navigraph also my Content Manager is empty. I checked all and my conclusion is to wait for Hotfix @Jummivana .There is nothing to fix and waste time at my side. But thanks for the hints.

Just a thought - I was getting camera creep and found it was from ghost inputs from the game controller I use to fly the drone camera. After unplugging that it was ok. I also find that any on the default controller profiles (for mouse, yoke etc) can cause issues - default mouse was causing rapid flickering inside the cockpit between one view position and another and default yoke on occasion would lead to rapid flickering between cockpit and external camera positions. Solved by using custom profiles.

Like you, I’ve been simming from the early days. I’m not grounded but the impact of SU5 has been exceptionally bad on the overall experience. Better FPS sure, but who cares if the stability is awful, the physics and WX all over the place, the sky washed out and the ground looking like mush. And all the third party mods broken. That’s quite the list and I’ve not mentioned all the terrible installation problems. If this was a car, you’d return it and demand a refund. But all the Pollyanna’s saying, ‘hey it’s never been better’. I’d rather solve problems than sit and complain, but I really am left astounded at what a botched job Asobo did with this. Pressure to make that Xbox release date I guess.

2 Likes

Do you also experience ghost movement in cockpit mode.
Here is what i did, for the xbox controller, i induced the deadzone in the midsection to 10%
This might also help if u use trackir because, when it move the view down by itself it logically, will be off center and this will work against irtracking.

Well, heres the thing - I have removed all the inputs from the profile for anything other than the drone camera and slew mode. So, logically when in cockpit mode the controller should have no effect whatsoever.

I just tested it again and I exactly the same issue - except this time the cockpit view was locked to the far left. As soon as I unplugged the controller the centred itself and behaved normally. So clearly another bug. And I also noticed that its now calling my custom profile ‘Default’ when it is not and that the actual default controller profile has disappeared. To be fair, bugs with controller profiles were around before SU5. It just seems to have made them worse!

With the 2 last SUs, right before the release of the update, I would think “now we are over the hill, things will get better from now on”, but then Asobo still manages to release such a hot mess.

In short, even though I tried to convince myself that we have bounced off the bottom and are in the clear (meaning save from this whole project just becoming so messed up and eventually unmanageable to fix), we haven’t. The trend since release is certainly alarming.

Let’s just hope that we won’t wake up one morning and find that the whole project has been scrapped because Asobo turned it into an unmanageable mess.

1 Like

I have camera creep also since update 5 … basically the minute a Microsoft Xbox controller is switched on in the cockpit view creep in circles starts …moving the hat switch on the joystick allows to look around but letting go again the view creeps… This simulator is a Microsoft product…and now has been customised to Xbox …how could someone at Asobo get it so wrong that when you enable and Xbox controller on PC it is not working perfectly??? Especially that it was perfect for almost 1 year…

I’m not sure why the game looks better on my series x over my computer :unamused:. I uninstalled on my pc and reinstalling right now doubt it’ll make a difference but I figured I’d try something. The buildings and clouds on my series x look like they did pre su5 and on my pc they look horrendous since su5

The program itself is transformed for the new xbox and maybe the controller of old xbox like live or 360 might not be completly compatibel also i asume we are playing it on pc, xbox controllers are not designed for this matter, and there for are not visible to game controller calibration screen in Windows. Maybe some other calibration tool can. Yes the other tool is DiView which i downloaded from the site of Leo Bodnar.
Now, If someone who plays the sim on new xbox, can u try old controllers if you have any, and see if the problem exists there to. Please do respond in this topic if you know.

Sorry for being pedantic but I hate the expression ‘glass half full or half empty’. Half is an absolute, therefore it can not be half full or half empty, it’s just ‘half’

2 Likes

This sound like you had navigraph installed. It needs to uninstalled correctly otherwise you have wiped ALL your navdata, even the stock. By renaming the community folder you have just done that. User error it seems.

1 Like

Sorry, but xbox controllers (and especially newer ones) are 100% compatible with windows and are accessible through the windows game calibration screen:

1 Like

I always have an old Xbox controller connected for the camera to make screenshots. And i also use it when my yoke/joystick/pedals are stowed if i just want fly around non seriously to ha a look at something or test something. It works 100% flawlessly without any software. Plug n play, pre configured.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, my wrong i didn’t saw it in mine, must have been disconnected then.
But the problem seems best handled in sim settings with deadzone expansion if i mentioned well.

I know, but I was always a nasty Alt+F4 quitter since my childhood. :crazy_face:

The dreamer glass.

Being honest, we are almost a year after release, and no basic issues has been fixed yet. They have only released updates to add things and break other ones. While the fundamental ones are still WIP (which lead me to think why they release such an early product, and I know why, because it was the perfect beta for Xbox product).

In the meantime, a lot of people got tired of this and came back to other sims. And others keep telling the few folks who are here and are tired of broken things in a, supposedly, polished sim, that things will be good someday (I’ve read that here since August 2020, I didn’t believe at that moment, neither do now).

But in the end I don’t blame Asobo or MS. I blame those blind followers (aka fanboys) that aren’t able to be neutral, and all of those who decided to buy a 70/120€ product without even trying on game pass first. Once you give money to a big company, they don’t need anything else from you.

4 Likes