The whole fleet is grounded in the hangar - structual cracks detected

I’ve been a simmer since the heady days of Sublogic and have owned and enjoyed every version of FltSim, right across the board. That amounts to decades of simming with all the upgrades and bugs that goes along with such programs. To be perfectly honest, its overcoming the bugs in order to try to reach the perfect performance that I really enjoy and except as part and parcel of FltSims. There is clearly a huge amount of nashing of teeth since the recent update (and hotfix) to MSFS 2020, and understanderbly so. Updates are invariably problematic in one way or another but it’s becoming increasingly clear that the range of issues that the last update has created for a great many users are way above the norm. For myself, even as someone who enjoys the process of trying to work around bugs, I have been unable to use the program in any meaningful way since the SU5 and even less since the hotfix. My whole fleet is grounded as a result of erratic CDT but mainly because of the camera creep and no control of the freeview with the mouse (legacy setting set). I’m certain that there are many other issues/bugs but right now I can’t even get off the ground. On the few occasions that I have been able to get airborne, the program degrades as I use it; what function worked a few minutes earlier, no longer does. I’m hoping against hope that these issues and more will get fixed but with such an avalanche of problems and the random nature of these, I have a worrying feeling that my hangar doors are going to be shut for some time yet.

13 Likes

Depends on if you see the glass half full or half empty. I am positive things will be fixed and worked out in a very good way. Guess which glass I see?

Jummivana
Senior Community Manager

“Hello! The team is working on communication and will post as soon as we can - we are currently triaging and/or discussing the biggest issues we are seeing reported (LOD Pops, Temperature altitude fix not working, CTDs, installation issues, etc.). We acknowledge this post as well as the others seeking communication and please know we are in progress. Thanks!”

8 Likes

Do you have CTD if you try to load in on a certain part of the world? or everywhere?

Hopefully this upcoming hotfix will actually fix things for me, the first hotfix didn’t make any difference.

yes, i agree they will fix the bugs. But some of us do not have the time to enjoy the the “game” everyday.
so when we get to “play” and the fundamentals are broken because of what they believed was an improvement, well the glass is empty/

4 Likes

Its only empty to be refilled with good wine! :wine_glass:

3 Likes

Its a random event with no discernable pattern. It doesn’t happen often and I suspect that incompatable liveries might also be a factor. My main problem is camera creep (it slowly creeps downwards until it faces the floor and no amount of input from the mouse will correct it.) I also can’t use the mouse freeview either in the cockpit or external.

Ah, I have freezing issues, but they only happen when I press alt F4 to end the application, this corrupts the rolling cache and I cannot load in anymore at the same place until the cache is cleared.

That needs to be aged…so are you going to wait 10 years?

1 Like

I’ve never had the experience of a CTD till yesterday after the updates. It was one time, I collected all the information from Windows and created a Zendesk ticket with that information. I redid the flight a second time and it all worked fine. Not saying there is a problem, but at least from what I see on my system so far it was a one time deal (and maybe self induced messing with the LOD settings in the .cfg file and options while flying)

I’m starting to be more irritated by not so much the SIM updates but it seems every fricken other add-on needs to be updated or strange things happen or they don’t work. That is the part that drives me mad…

3 Likes

this is definitely a setback for many…

Lol - I feel your pain AZ. The slightly perverse issue here was that I backup and renamed my community folder prior to the update. The weird thing was that the newly created and empty community folder rendered the flightplan generator useless with just a GPS direct to GPS co-ords available, However, when I renamed the previous Community folder with all my old mods in, the flightplan generator worked fine. So it seems that on this update occasion, it would have been better to leave the existing Community folder and mods in place.

This is tremendously refreshing to hear! where is this?? Link?

Yeah I’ve never done anything with my community folder other than updates add-ons that needed them after a SU update

This is NOT reassuring.

Didn’t the team know before they release the mandatory update that it was a dumpster fire?

At a technical level they could have tried to explain why they traded existing features for … (something).

At a marketing level they could have prepared a “bonus” carrot in return for the hard stick.

At a business level they could have simply stated that Microsoft’s priorities are with the XBOX. And dealt with the consequences. Speaking of which … Windows 11 anyone?

Didn’t they not know this wouldn’t go well?

Is there another hotfix coming up? if so when, I completely missed it?

I assume there will be because of this post below, but maybe we shouldn’t take it for granted:

That help at the moment not much. Flying in the europe region is still not possible for me because of massive stutters and lagging. From in flight back to main menu result in freezing. The main thread rise up 52ms reaction time.

Switching to US Server and region is a total different thing. Render scale 115 @ 4K and smooth like butter. Main thread about 12-14ms.

Tested lastly yesterday evening.

Where did you get this information?

I’m searching for days looking for the latest updates on what the team is working on. Unfortunately without any good results.

Good to read that they are addressing the big issues that came with su5 though.

Also, does anyone know when the next Twitch Q&A is scheduled?

Check the link I posted a few posts above your post.

1 Like