There is no downgrade in SU5

Man sim update 5 graphics looking out of this world it’s a 2 for 1 game. I Can load this bad boy up and play fallout 4 as well look at that wasteland lol.

Now this is from the good old days where i am running 4K 300 Lod and recording in 4k while i land at LAX with no stutters no pop-ins and the visual fidelity that we should still have so how did we go from this performance and graphics to what we have now and those screenshots from above is me running 1000 LOD on both Objects and Terrain.

1 Like

I dont actually see the graphical downgrade everyone is crying about. It looks about the same to me

I play on high end graphics settings. I toyed around on ultra and ran comparable to high end on SU4 (about 20fps average)

But as far as I can tell, I see very little difference in graphics.

I’m really not sure what I’m looking at on any given side by side comparison of SU4 and SU5. Anyone care to point out the differences I should be looking at?

All I can tell is that SU5 runs better and crashes my computer a lot more.

Just hold tight everyone.

Asobo will address this - they can’t ignore it.
It’s a major fault in the Sim.

Trees popping in like P3D - really? - Nope, that’s not what we bought in to.

Just give them time - they’ll sort it.

2 Likes

There’s a lot to sort though…a lot, it’s gonna take a long time to sort this mess out.

2 Likes

This is the big issue this scale was what gave flight sim it’s incredible immersion especially in big us cities but now it’s not the same.

2 Likes

Posts after next update.

OMG I’m getting 15 FPS less.
It’s stuttering now when I land, never did that in SU5
OMG, they nerfed it, it’s not as smooth any more, gimme back SU5
We want to be able to go to SU5, SU6 totally sucks, it’s not optimized, why am I only getting 25FPS, when I used to get 45?
I don’t care about 5 extra buildings and trees, I want smooth flying performance. Gimme back SU5!

It’s a never ending cycle. Oh well, I’m off to flying and enjoying it.

2 Likes

Hence why the suggestion to let those of us who can handle major LOD and resolution values and exposure/coloring to have a slider and those who are happy with what they have today, don’t have to do a thing. Should be somewhat simple to implement - tons of other games do it all the time.

3 Likes

Where do you saw that?, if until today asobo doesn’t say a word about all issues, people have a lot of problems with a huge investment to make it operable and now they are most concerned in xbox users

I used to fly into storms just to see how beautiful the clouds looked, now it is a shame, and for someone to post that there was no downgrade it is incredible. Fly over Saint Bartholomew and see the huge dark blocks that form under your craft as soon as you take off over the water. C’mon!!! I am going to contact a person I sent pictures to during one of the hurricanes and post here, just so you can see the difference. In the meantime looked at this awful, cartoonish, Xbox

like clouds on this picture. The plane is the only thing that looks good. Everything ultras and maxed out on a 3090. What happens over St Barth is what happening everywhere else where the graphics won’t get rendered completely until you are right over it.

3 Likes

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one, the performance shown in the video (particularly the stuttering during landing) is poor.

There was no technical imperative to force a broken update onto PC users. They could have released the Xbox version and left the PC version alone. they’re not even the same versions. The Xbox version is on DX12 and the PC version still on DX11. PC got all of the downgrades and none of the upgrades.

3 Likes

The thing is, it may just be me, but in every one of your screenshots, the SU4 one looks better… the colours, the lighting, the smoothness of image, (SU5 ones look grainy).

So in my opinion, all you have done is give further evidence of the downgrade…

4 Likes

Is it really so hard to get? People complaining are the ones playing on high end systems in ultra settings (before and after SU5) which lead to severe degradation.
People that have “no problems” or even benefit from the Update (which i am glad for them) are the ones that played on low/medium levels before, where the graphics are already not that great and thus not relevant for them. But what they notice is the performance impact.

5 Likes

Correct. Never will please everyone. That’s why a slider to let the user choose what their specs can handle make the most sense.

5 Likes

The engine was castrated on so many levels that I’m afraid a simple slider won’t fix it. I guess we will see.

9 Likes

My worry is as others have said now that they have this huge Xbox gaming base to focus on we are down the pecking order.

So fixing ours might impact theirs and it’s not called the Xbox by the it’s Microsoft Xbox this is their machine so what are the odds they will prioritise the PC now.

Exactly! Why not leaving it like it was and have the Xbox software tuned down to handle it and the PC version to be adaptable to whatever hardware you have.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten the dark blocks appearing on the water under the aircraft since before SU5. This was a problem since at least SU4. Very noticable at St. Barths. It def. didn’t get fixed with SU5, but maybe got worse. idk, I haven’t flown in a week.

I think that is the plan moving forward.

Other games have done this in the past. If that’s the course they are going to take, then this sim is just a money grab for microsoft