There is no downgrade in SU5

The dev ended up talking about promising to not “dumb-down” the flight simulation mechanics/realism, and not the graphics.

Whether that particular question was deliberately misinterpreted, we shall never know.

When I found out FS2020 was coming, I was in a fortunate position to get a brand new high end computer. I’ve always wanted a sim to perform like this one, it continues to impress me. Last night I took off at sunset and headed to Juneau. I looked around and kept saying “Wow!” So much enjoyment. I agree that a lot of people forget to just enjoy what they have, AND that this software is just 1 year old. Imagine what it will be like in 2!!

1 Like

There is downgrade in graphics, this guy says.

2 Likes

Who flagged this as offensive? Funny people around here.

4 Likes

You need a guy on YouTube to tell you that?

I made a small video, the quality is decreased with the compression from 4 k to 1080p and that of YT, I’m not in town but at the airfield next to my house, but frankly, it’s that ugly the SU5
SU5 little trip

Fact: The drawn distance that was already small is even smaller, easily noticeable at medium and high altitudes.

1 Like

Here’s the original post:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

It’s very simple. Look up the specs for the Xbox X…no make that the Xbox S. If you PC specs meet or are below those, you received an upgrade. Any thing above those is wasting system resources. Again, I do believe we will see further optimization on the PC side in coming updates.

Wrong and noone who hasn’t been playing on Ultra before and after SU5 should even participate in this “downgrade” discussion

2 Likes

Thanks for this statement, at least this shows that there is no further need to argue with you.

1 Like

Exactly. That’s why this past update can’t be the final say on the PC side. It was for Xbox. Any further update I feel confident will improve the PC version. Let’s see what they do next. Then judge

And here a second post from our respected CM:

I agree with you, I see no degradation at all. And prior to update, I had to run LOD at 100, now i can easily set it to 200+ and still maintain 50-60 fps.

Well, SU4 ULTRA, 2K Res NY → 15 FPS (High Same FPS)
SU5 ULTRA, 2K Res + Both LOD set to 5, Film grain 0, sharpen off → 30 fps stable in NY. (it can go higher)

The only problem i have is when MSFS downloads data. It stutters and sometimes freezes (i have 1Gb connection). Which is normal considering the load servers have.

I have been comparing all the SUs so far. For SU5, If you increase the LOD manually it is a huge upgrade for me. I do not zoom in to scenery and i dont care about zoom since i am not gonna zoom while flying with a tubeliner at FL410.

For me weird thing is lots of people have different problems with it, while some people have no problems.

There is a different between the images. Also check your system resources. No matter how hard you push the sim, it will not break the barrier on system ram and Vram that is in place now. And this is understandable with the release of the Xbox version. But I no way can this be the limit on the PC side.

1 Like

Asobo absolutely just degraded the sim for pc users and give some distraction with water and landing effects, but the principal purpose was to launch it for Xbox and optimize it for them.

2 Likes

They also downgraded the water itself. We can now see the tiles when it was perfect before.

5 Likes

How can you be so sure of this? Because at this moment people are experiencing degradation. Didn’t Jorg say something along the lines of “first get this stone out of our shoes, and then we can focus on pc optimization again”.
So if people are experiencing a degradation, this is not planned policy to consciously rip off pc users. This is a temporary situation, needed to get the console version released to the market.

2 Likes