There is no downgrade in SU5

There are definitely more than two

Absolutely wrong

Note the peak usage and the current usage.

Yet another xbox conspiracy myth. Sigh.

The visuals of the simulator are wonderful. The update went very well. Power 15-20 frames more with ultra settings and 130 renders. Photorealistic Cities are very beautiful at low altitudes with high FPS values. I am very happy with this update.

There are minor issues, but the developer will fix them.

3 Likes

You say that “name calling will not help” then accuse people of posting “childish rants”… makes sense.

People are making very valid complaints, the simulator clearly looks worse than it did, otherwise there wouldn’t be so many posts in the first place.
In addition to what you’re mentioned, there are problems with stability, the re-drawing of scenery every time you move the camera, and a drop in fps when you move the camera.
Just because you can’t see it, saying “there is no downgrade at all” and calling people “confused” is just plain wrong and presumptuous.

3 Likes

again, higher system are not the only one impacted, my i5 4570 and 1050Ti 16gbram was able to display much better for less fps of course but it was smooth enough

3 Likes

@Hugothester I respect your opinion mate and certainly the shots you’ve provided but I have to personally disagree I along with others (there’s vids on YouTube that can prove it) are getting Major pop ins whilst using track ir, the clouds look awful compared to SU4 and below. The trees at times just don’t look right, I’ve hundreds of hrs and loads of screenshots previously that can back up my personal opinion. It’s still an incredible sim and the performance is way better than previous iterations but…there’s certainly been a graphical “downgrade” in some areas of the sim.

Putting the Lod to 200 or even higher does nothing to take away the pop in or the poor cloud graphics imo. I own A Ryzen 5 5600x, RTX 3070. Ive done a lot of bush flying in the sim “Papua New Guinea “ so I’ve seen the incredible cloud,rain and trees that goes with this territory, SU5 to me personally looks absolutely nowhere near as good as it once was.

4 Likes

Exactly!!!

My 1650, 16gigs was able to display such amazing graphics. Yeah my FPS was between 15-25 but I enjoyed flying way more than I do now on SU5. I don’t even have the taste to play this sim at the moment.

1 Like

Yes exactly

Read carefully… I suggested two VISUAL elements

Where is a good place to test this?

I read correctly. I’m stating there are more than 2 visual issues with SU5

I’m sorry my post upset you but problems with stability are a known factor since day one and aren’t one hundred percent caused by SU5. I’ve seen quite a few posts under the banner of SU5 but have been there for quite sometime pre SU5.

“I’m sorry my post upset you”. Another presumption… You didn’t upset me, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of your comment.
Okay, and what about the other issues I mentioned then?

OK for clarity

1.There is the issue of oversaturation (lighting engine)

1. Autogen issues (the correlation of data flow and scene rendering is too important to skip over) This would most probably cause scene pop ins etc… a big although though as I have not seen any of this. Comparing my cloud shots, scenery shots, videos etc I genuinely see no difference apart from the oversaturation

People aren’t getting “confused”. Two graphical issues?

• anti-aliasing has had a huge downgrade - this is probably the biggest issue in this update
  • clouds are worse
  • washed out colours
  • LOD pop-in/culling
  • blurry terrain at high altitudes

I’m sure there are more, but these are the main issues.

10 Likes

two different pictures? really?

Volumetric lighting is also broken (though I’m not one to speculate whether this is by design or not).

Then there’s this:

2 Likes

Don’t forget Lighting and reflections. Basically everything that has to do with graphics.

2 Likes

The problem is you do not have access to more memory. Adobo put a lower limit on GPU and CPU memory.

1 Like

It is actually less for the GPU 6.5GB.
I am not sure if these people understand the down grade?