This game has become a mess on xbox

A few issues I’ve experienced on Series X:

The terrain morphing in the Swiss alps is really out of control on my console. Pre-update you’d see it occasionally but post-update its happening constantly ahead, below, behind, pretty much everywhere.
I do appreciate how much better the terrain looks, though.

Flying over Lake Geneva I see city markers out in the middle of the lake.

I flew over Zurich today and the photgrammetry was malfunctioning. Most buildings looked like they’d been bombed, with the exception of the hand crafted POI’s.

Hopefully a hotfix can/will address these issues.

1 Like

There is a lot of pop in now. It’s not the same!

2 Likes

No, it would never work.

Pray tell why not……it was not long ago that a moon landing was deemed not possible…every problem has a solution….if you look hard enough

If they have upped the graphics for the pc version! This maybe why you’re getting lag issues. It has gone beyond the capability of the xbox?
This is why they should make different versions for both platforms

Same here. Never had an issue with pop ins prior to the latest update, but I’m now experiencing them constantly on Series X.

A ‘hard’ reboot involves holding the button down until the console fully shuts down. Then after 30 seconds (I’m told) press again for a full restart.

Usually does the trick, though it sometimes forgets the HOTAS and I have to pull the connector out and re-plug for it to see it again.

1 Like

Cheers for that :+1:

They’ll never make separate versions because the time spent and extra work load is not worth it. Few points why:

• The Xbox Series X is powerful enough to not make severe compromises for PC
  • If there are two versions, it would be double the work for MS/Asobo. Double the bugs, double the issues, double the frustration.
  • Servers and multiplayer probably wouldn’t work on two different builds. They’d have to have more servers, thus higher servers costs…again, for no real benefit.
  • Lastly, it’s not Xbox’s fault that these problems come up. It’s a highly complex sim, of course there will be bugs. If you think two versions will fix things for MS/Asobo, you’re wrong.

Essentially, it’s easier to have one version. Anyhow, the developers will do what they need to do.

After the previous 2 hotfixes … careful what you ask for. You WILL have new bugs after a hotFIX (which will require a hotfix…then repeat, et al)

1 Like

Could be. I have flown in other areas of the map and not had any stutter but it might be city related.

I think the problem is its a world simulator. Depending on where you fly, speed, aircraft, time of day or the amount of Real world traffic you will see different levels in performance.

I dont think this is something that can ever be fixed. In a shooter or other type of game there just isn’t this level of possible variables to contend with.

It’s mess on the PC too. Welcome to the club! Try to think about the next update, thats what keeps us going.

2 Likes

No as the version on pc was fine before the Xbox merge. It looks like Xbox owners are getting the the same treatment we pc owners got at the last update.

As for no compromise the pc was capped at 8gb compared to what is was before.

I think you are correct. Xbox is suffering from many issues PC suffered from last update

and PC users are still suffering from the Xbox merge… this is horrendous. Just make two builds and call it a day.

2 Likes

I’m having serious issues with micro stutters and photogrammetry issues. Flying around Paris yesterday was horrific with buildings looking like piles of rubble even when you’re flying close to them. Flying around my home city of Ottawa was so jerky when it used to be so smooth and again, buildings looking like rubble. The sim was so much better on release day. I have 500 Mbps internet which I tested Multiple times so I know it’s not my internet.

1 Like

jeez.

So i just found out the Junkers Ju has been delayed too. Do they only have five devs at Asobo?

Since launch in July on Xbox I’ve experienced:

-No third party updates to the marketplace added for stuff I’ve bought. Planes, airports or scenery are still behind weeks and weeks after third party devs have submitted fixes.

-Broken scenery as a result of SU5, the above point being the supposed remedy, but i still have missing jetways and statics and stuff.

-Lack of marketplace content

-Three marketplace updates missed because people were on holiday(!)

-WU6 has broken night time flying, theres no lights at all across the map

-Stuttering, lagging menus and crashes.

-Delay to the Junkers.

I’ve only been using this sim for about what? 6 weeks? Incredible.

4 Likes

Let’s agree to the fact that PC users are equal to Xbox users, and call it a day like that.

7 Likes

Users, yes. Hardware, not even close… my 3080 is about the entire size of the Xbox alone.

1 Like