This game has become a mess on xbox

This is true

Here we go. The classic PC users are better than the rest of the world…lol. Yes we all know your hardware is awesome. But in the end I got something for 1/4 the price and can play the same game with almost the same level of detail and gameplay.

Not to mention a closed Architecture gives an Xbox user a benefit that when they concentrate on a fix it’s universal for all. Not just some here and there.

Enjoy your platform. Making this available for Xbox has opened up a world of new players that I’ll spawn new developers and strengthen the platform overall.

9 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

Sure, you wanna focus on these lights (only thing easy with night landings… find the runway) :thinking:

This option should be on XBox

1 Like

As stated before by others Xbox users don’t have that option. So it can’t be set as a workaround.

3 Likes

Thx, you save my but… I changed my text :innocent:

(I think it is nuts they don’t put graphics settings on XBox… can’t you change the screen size of something ?? render scaling is just size…)

No worries. You don’t want to give too much control to a console user. It’s designed to be easy and a closed system so all users experience the same good and the same bad.

PC users get lots of control because they have so many options.

For Xbox they would only give an option of better FPS or better graphics.

Same for PC, and all of my issues arose after they ported the game to Xbox.

1 Like

It’s ok to have a version for Xbox that can cope with the limitations of that hardware. However the range of computing power on PC allows for the sim to be adaptable when it comes to how much a particular PC user wants to crank up the settings for better quality. The better your hardware, the better the experience, obviously.

It’s unheard of to have a good version or at least a somewhat working version (SU4) of a game and then self sabotage it to release it in another platform. It’s definitely a mess and the fact they aren’t showing face just means how embarrassed they are because the main question in the Q&A session would be, why did you downgrade PC users and what are you going to do to revert or improve as well as fix the core sim issues and bugs that have been there for a year already? They don’t have an answer and hence no Q&As anymore and dull communication. People at flightsim.to seem to be more capable at fixing things than the developer of the sim. There must be some serious problems at Asobo at the moment and their reputation is starting to crumble. It almost feels like they were not the right studio to hire to put together this sim. I hope I’m wrong but the bugs and persistent problems speak for themselves.

I would be embarrassed too. At least they have shame.

2 Likes

6 weeks. Now think off going through this already for a year. :wink:

3 Likes

What amazes me is the lack of quality control. The initial version of the simulator on XBOX was amazing, amazing graphics, no stuttering. Then came two “hotfixes” and then, at least for me, the number of CTDs increased, just as I noticed that the LOD decreased, meaning there was a downgrade of the graphics. After the last update, the console version, which worked perfectly fine, is full of stutters/jittering. Didn’t they test it before releasing the update on XBOX? Understanding the problems that exist on the PC is simple because there are a multitude of hardware brands, but on the XBOX everything is standardized, that is, much simpler to optimize/test. I’m starting to give up hope on these developers. Either Asobo simply doesn’t know what it’s doing and so XBOX updates are a succession of failures, or these updates simply aren’t tested before being released.

4 Likes

Before I forget: the simulator should have been released on the XBOX with a minimum quality requirement: we can fly any long route possible without the frustration of suffering a CTD. I’ve tried several times to fly more than five hours and the simulator always has a CTD. This is really unfortunate for hardware as powerful as the Xbox Series X. It’s extremely frustrating to lose hours and hours of flight because of constant CTDs on the XBOX, which were NOT fixed in the last update.

1 Like

History repeats itself unfortunately. The very first PC release was pretty good (except that no third party add ons existed). After that one thing after the other got broken and only a portion of it got fixed weeks/months later in „hotfixes“ or SUs. Many bugs still persist for over a year.

Then VR came along and people said. Don’t do VR, too unstable fix the many bugs first. VR was published because it created a big press bang. After that VR did not receive much / any attention as Xbox needed to launch.

Again people said. Wait. Fix the bugs first. Xbox was launched - big press bang etc. … guess how many attention the Xbox bugs get in the future if one would extrapolate the past.

Better get ready for a rough ride. I am hoping to be proven wrong since 13months.

1 Like

So you’re mad at PC players for believing they are superior, but then proceed to explain why xbox is superior. So in that sense you’re acting just as immature as those PC master race people. How about we treat each platform equally and agree that they both have their own upsides and downsides?

3 Likes

1/4 the price of just the graphics card alone more like. Well said my thoughts too I’m fed up with some (not all) PC users FS snobbery/entitlement, we all want the same thing in the end of the day.

6 Likes

As a PC user I concur and can’t stand the elitism.

6 Likes

And as today you cant even download from the market place to re install my purchase that i made. Looks like lets make as much money and run . So many bugs dont even think the orkin man can fix this mess

Not sure where you think I’m mad. Not at all. If I wanted your setup I would just buy it. But to be honest I couldn’t see me spending that kind of cash for just a flight sim at home when I can just book some flight time at the CAE simulator 10 minutes away and truly not worry about a consumer product and all the bugs that go with it. For me this is enjoyment at home. Not overly that serious.

Not to mention I can’t find many flight simulators or actual TBM 930s in my area.

Agreed. Xbox’s version of FS was best the day it was released. Every update has made it worse. For me the stuttering and fps drops is frustrating as hell.

1 Like

The Xbox Series X is powerful enough to not make severe compromises for PC

Lmao, not quite. While your console might be powerful enough not to cause issues with a 500$ PC the vast majority of people that play this game have PC’s that are much more than 500$.

The SeriesX CPU is equivalent to a 2700x, a 4 year old AMD CPU, which is still good today but not as good as mid range offerings today.

The SeriesX GPU is equivalent to a 6700Xt and my GPU, a rtx3090 is 92% faster than that GPU, a 3080 is 69% faster.

RAM is available much faster in PCs.

Etc etc.

Not trying to bash SeriesX owners but don’t think your $500 console is even close to as good as my 2500$ PC.

Your console is better than a 500$ or a 1000$ PC by far but a lot of people spent much more than that to be able to have the best experience in this game.

5 Likes