This is how I have "fixed" the brutal fps loss from SU11

when i delete and desactivate it i have no lags

I experience the same issues.
I always use a saved Flight to test performance changes.
Setup: 5900x stock; RTX 4090, 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM

Before Update 11:
55-60 fps WITHOUT any stutters

After Update 11:
40-45 fps WITH many stutters. Makes it almost impossible to play

I am really upset

2 Likes

Mine is especially bad today, so maybe it’s server overload?

1 Like

Sat images for off-line flights - if your Internet is OFF or if the Sim is off-line (happens to often after SU10 on my side) you need them if you don not want to fly with low-res scenery.

Thanks.
But how can you be sure the sim does not use it? There must by a reason why MSFS packs 60GB of data on everybody’s SSD. That’s almist half of the total Official folder.

I’d guess, 60gbs of satellite data for the entire world is gonna be low res…
As i commented to someone yesterday, if i was disconnected long enough for any compromise of quality I’d abruptly exit the sim anyhow.

Could have been added to provide the smoothest rollout at launch…I’m not sure. Definitely no reason you have to delete the files…but if you’re low on disk space or even just want to optimize your system…and i guess don’t have plans to play the game offline for extended periods…give it a shot.

You can also move the files to another drive for safekeeping and see for yourself if they seem to come into play.

i dont know before the 40th ani update i was on beta 11 and with a 4090 , 12900k 4k ultra everything maxed out was geting excellent fps , even in vr was geting 70 plus in everest , now its 40 and 30 fps . updated drivers / config ncp ,still same

1 Like

So you’re saying those files are the genetic replacement ground textures used when playing offline?

I don’t know…but on the 11th i had a few offline messages pop up and during which i had no low res textures…and no issues. So i have no idea what those files are intended for, and after deleting I’ve had no side effects that I’ve witnessed…

1 Like

It may depend on our LOD settings. I can not confirm this, as this can be just a coincidence but I had to reinstall those 60GB files as on my usual low LOD settings (75-105) I had very-very low-res scenery when my connection was lost and even after connection was restored. I had to use max LOD to fly without those files and with connection ON. However, I do not insist. I also did not notice any FPS difference with or without those files - my FPS continued to drop from 35 to 7 and the sim was freezing with and without them. May be my system is simply not powerful enough (GTX970) :slight_smile:

I uninstalled the entire game. Will give it ago later in the week.

I run a:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700
RTX 3090 Ti 24GB,
32 GB DDR4,
1TB NVMe,
Windows 11 Pro 64bit

Unfortunatley your tips did not work for me

i am CPU bottlenecked. Its not weak nonetheless. Since the update i get CPU and Manipulator Spikes. When Spikes are neglected i run constant 30-50fps on ULTRA preset with slightly reduced LOD. The spikes make flying a nightmare. every 10ish or so i get a 1-5s CPU spike which neglects button and control inputs. Rolling Cache did nothing. further reducing LOD’s did nothing.

aircraft like the FENIX or PMDG where more or less stutter free.

1 Like

May be a silly question but what do you mean by numeric folders?

Folders named with a number…if i remember right, its all the folders…Make sure not to delete the text file from the cgl folder

1 Like

Will be interesting to see if this improves once the server hammering settles. We usually see the same forum threads a few hours or days following a new SU, “low fps following update” or “eating more pizza can increase your frames!” *no disrespect intended

As for stutters, if scenery is constantly being loaded in as you move and the server is suffering, then it stands to reason that the sim will stutter.

Me personally, I’m on poor mans fibre so if I’m flying and the Mrs starts watching Netflix, it starts to stutter a bit.

1 Like

I didn’t see much, if any, change in actual frame rates between SU10 and SU11, but I was having terrible on/off stuttering yesterday with SU11, which I presumed was from loading scenery. It would be stuttering for a couple minutes, really badly too, and then settle down for a minute, but then start stuttering again. Oddly, the fps counter itself was still in the 40’s in between all the stuttering episodes. Someone in another thread suggested clearing the rolling and manual caches, which I did, and the stuttering stopped! Woot! :slight_smile:

I might still look into a couple of the OP’s suggestions though… very interesting.

Here is what i found again after (unfortunatley) using it since SU10 which miracously turned ON again.

I did all the steps of above without help.

Since i turned OFF Photogrammetry under GENERAL OPTIONS → DATA → PHOTOGRAMMETRY…OFF it reduced my stutters to once every 10ish minutes.

It is disappointing that product features have to be disabled to be used. Also i find it very discouraging when I am told by development staff and users alike "to delet rolling cache/empty Community-Folder etc. pp. )

I am not a programmer not an IT guy. I have rudamentary knowledge in scripting with lua and python but why cant the update exclude the COMMUNITY folder or delete the cache as a function of an update? Should be fairly easy imho.

3 Likes

Sim runs smooth and great for me as long as I don’t crank up the LOD too high.

1 Like

Just unbelievable buddy feel your pain! I paid 1814.99 for my rtx 3090 ftw3 ultra v2 and my i9 11900k 5.2ghz all cores max temps on cpu 45c-50c, EKWB water cooled plus 10 fans in my case with custom profile for best airflow, along with that all 32GB 3600mhz XMP tide timings and rest just latest on all front! Windows 11 pro come drives 2.3tb 4.0 and I’m and powered by 1000w SuperNova PSU!

MSFS SU11 all updated and ultra settings, my monitor is IPS MSI gaming monitor 165hz G-Sync 2k (1440p) using Display port.

But as many of us here with systems such this I get Main Thread Limited and performance is just not what I expected really for a Pc as such it’s just unbelievable terrible optimisation by MSFS Asobo team just not there I know they can do better with all available technology they can make it right and I believe they need lots improvements on CPU front to help GPU to help and work together to deliver best possible performance! And this is in general for all of us with low end systems and high end systems!

Seeing RTX 4090 struggle and deliver 30-50fps at 2k or 4K is absurd same for 3090 (TI) gpu’s as all we know this type of GPU’s are more than capable to deliver more than we doing now!

2 Likes