This is really bad (FBW withdraws A32NX from the Marketplace)

I’ve been in this industry for a while too. Not as much as you but close.
To be fair MS has upped their game quite a bit since 3.0 or 98 or Vista :wink:
Windows 11 is nowhere as messy :slight_smile:

In some ways they’ve gone backwards, the testing for example. Eleven looks like another paint job to me…

1 Like

The testing Win11 went through is worse than that of Vista or 98?
It’s not my experience but if you say so I am sure you have good reasons :slight_smile:

I am actually impressed with Asobo. If you look at the other platforms they are really dated and its because they are afraid of breaking existing addons so they won’t make major changes if it breaks an addon from 5 years ago.

Sure this update has created a problem for addons but its temporary and the performance improvements are massive and something to build on for years to come.

They released the sdk at the same time they release the update to the game, and now the 3rd party devs need to scramble to see what has changed in the SDK and then change their code for release. The sdk should of been released to the dev population 2-3 weeks ago or more so they could have their products ready the same time as the game is released.

2 Likes

Windows 11 is in testing right now. If your running it legally thats what your supposed to be doing. Writing down bugs, issues etc and reporting back the the MS boards as you find them.

Win11 isnt due out for release for a few more months yet, hell the 1st beta was just released over the weekend.

my FBW 320 neo is working perfectly.

Actually it’s been out for several weeks on the Dev Ring.

That was the dev release, and now the beta is out over the weekend. There are usually very distinct versions of what the end user sees. The dev version that one thats been out for more then a few weeks now, is for developers to get used to the new implementation of the software, after that gets things ironed out you get a Beta Release the one that released over the weekend. That release is for the people that will be running it in more of a user role.
Then there will be several preview release as the finish polishing things up leading up to the finally release for everybody.

Yes that is true, two distinct channels. However the Dev Ring started a public beta a few weeks ago. Before that it was under NDA only, to select customers.
Nowadays the public beta builds are very stable. Which IMHO is good.
Back to MSFS, it shows Microsoft has the expertise required to push quality products to the market :slight_smile:

Yeah the dev’s builds were alot better so far for 11 then some of the stuff they pushed out to us for 10 lol. I still remember the ethernet fiasco, we all screamed you broke our ethernet cards, and when they released the release, it brokes lots of peoples ethernet cards because it wasnt patched.

1 Like

SU5 is the worst that can happen to this SIM. Really the worst update i can remember. Asobo listen to your loyal simmers and fix what the PC community wants. Its a disgrace. :pensive:

2 Likes

I honestly hope they do. Its really dissapointing to see how much of an impact it has had on the Devs too. Have ASOBO made any statement yet?

1 Like

LOL… they barely made any statements in previous cases either and that was just oil on the fire for some

4 Likes

i find it a remarkable update…super smooth

1 Like

It is smooth yes but are you enjoying the bugs, glitches, crashes and the graphical downgrade?

4 Likes

i think fbw is a partner, this actualy proves asbo dont actualy give a flying…
i mean not even a coment from them

Not a statement. But there was a video interview of Asobo Tech lead yesterday. It’s available on Youtube.
He says he is very happy with their work and cheered the development team for doing a great job.
I don’t blame them for being happy, if their customer is Microsoft, and Microsoft is happy as well.
It’s only logical.

they clealy have not seen all the hate on the fourms then

1 Like

Will check that out. Thanks. I am assuming they didn’t make any reference to the current situation…