This WILL get your X52 Setup WORKING for ALL BUTTONS

Hi guys, getting the X52 setup is a fairly lengthy and detailed process. I now
have a working profile, and have defined almost ALL of the buttons on my X52.
Here’s the BAD NEWS. You too will need to define all of the functions one
button at a time and create your own custon profile. I cant copy mine and
send it to you, because it is hidden in the guts of the executable game
somewhere. The good news is that you can also do a process and map you own.
And it will stick around game to game. Im LOVING IT now. So here goes.

Plug in your X52 first.
Start the simulator.
Go to the options menu.
Highlight the X52 (and keep the for now)
In the Search by name block, type in axis.
Under filter,
In the center area, Expand >Flight Control Surfaces
Expand >Primary Flight control surfaces
Left click in the empty box next to Aileron Axis
A new window will open, where you will select the function selection for Aileron.
Click the pulldown for “Select an Input>”
Scroll through the buttons below for the joystick, until you see “Joystick L-Axis X”
Select that and then click Validate.
It will ask you for a profile name, to replace the Default. Enter your choice.
Click OK.

Congratulations. you have a profile with AILERON control.
There is a Sensitivity button on the left of the Options screen. You will want to turn
down the sensitivity by about 20% for easier control.
Now you will have to repeat the above for EVERY BUTTON/Axis you want. And I know your
next question. WTH are all the numbers shown for the joystick map to? I made the LIST.
Here we go. . . .

AXIS

Aileron Axis → Joystick L-Axis X
Elevator Axis → Joystick L-Axis Y
Rudder Axis → Joystick R-Axis Z
Throttle Axis → Joystick L-Axis Z
Throttle E wheel → Joystick R-Axis Y
Throttle I wheel → Joystick R-Axis X
Throttle Thumb slider → Joystick Slider X

Button

1 Index finger on flight stick. I use it for BRAKES
2 Safe Button. Nice for PUSH BACK
3 Button A on Flight stick. Trim Down
4 Button B on Flight stick. Trim Up
5 Button C on Flight stick. Toggle cockpit to external view
6 Pinkie button on flight stick
7 Button D on throttle. I use for parking brake
8 Button E on throttle. I use for GEAR
9 T1 on flight stick. I use for Mix RICH
10 T2 on flight stick. I use for Mix LEAN
11 T3 on flight stick. I use for external fwd left
12 T4 on flight stick. I use for external rear left
13 T5 on flight stick. I use for external fwd right
14 T6 on flight stick. I use for external rear right
15 Index finger on flight stick on FULL PRESS
16 Mode HAT Up. I use for seat UP
17 Mode HAT RIGHT. I use for seat fwd.
18 Mode HAT DOWN. I use for seat down.
19 Mode HAT LEFT. I use for seat back.
20 Throttle Hat UP. Flap UP
21 Throttle Hat Right. I use Right brake.
22 Throttle Hat Down. Flap Down
23 Throttle Hat Left. Left brake
24 Flight Stick Mode Button GREEN
25 Flight Stick Mode Button PINK
26 Flight Stick Mode Button RED
27 Throttle Function Button
28 Throttle Start/Stop button
29 Throttle Reset button
30 Throttle I button
31 Throttle Mouse Enter button
32 Throttle index finger wheel

7 Likes

Just a suggestion. You don’t have to manually select the Input number or Axis using “Select an Input”. MSFS will recognize the input if you physically activate it (button, trigger, slider, etc.). In the “bindings window”, instead of clicking on “Select an Input”, click on “Search by Input”. It will light up. Then trigger the physical input on your controller. It will automatically fill in the Input description. Finally click Validate to save.

2 Likes

This is not true. Due to different GUID´s at Saitek / Logitech X52 (Non Pro) MSFS will not recognize my older X52. My GUID is “745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da”, Product ID is “0255”

The XML-Profile only works with GUID=“9a117810-f09c-11e7-8002-444553540000” ProductID=“075C”

With the Gamepass-Version there is no way to edit, copy or duplicate these XML-Profiles, so no way for Users with older X52 to get this to work without manually assign all Buttons and Axis.

1 Like

I have an older X52 and the sim recognized it and offered me the mapped default. I think the reason is that I had updated the driver to Logitech’s latest.

2 Likes

Check your Hardware GUID and Product ID. I bet they look like GUID=“9a117810-f09c-11e7-8002-444553540000” ProductID=“075C”

I also use the latest Logitech software. However, this does not overwrite the hardware ID in the device manager

In my Device Manager, that is the Product ID (PID) for my X52, but the Class Guid is: {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da} This Guid is for Human Interface Devices (HID), and I have several usb devices registered under it, including the X52 whose product id is 075C. The GUID 9a117810-f09c-11e7-8002-444553540000 , on the other hand is not found in my Windows Registry at all.

Now that’s an interesting statement. I’ve assumed all along that when a new driver is added to the system, it is registered in the registry, and the device manager reads it’s info from the registry. Is this not so? Perhaps in my case, it did overwrite, but the value was unchanged.

You may be interested in this thread. , started by me. It discusses this issue in more detail, and someone actually posted for me what he says is the Saitek_X52_Flight_Control_System.xml file. It contains the same Guid as you post (9a117810-f09c-11e7-8002-444553540000; I’m curious where you got that from?).

So either there’s some mixup here, or MSFS2020 doesn’t use the GUID - only the PID - to recognize the HOTAS (even though there is a value in the XML file.)! Because, as I say, my X52 was properly recognized.

-Ron

I got the GUID and product ID from a posted XML file. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the source.

?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?
DefaulftInput Primary=“1”
Version Num=“1238” /
Device DeviceName=“Saitek X52 Flight Control System” GUID=“9a117810-f09c-11e7-8002-444553540000” ProductID=“075C”

My X52 is recognized, as already written, with hardware GUID = “745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da”, Product ID is “0255”
HOTAS1_HID HOTAS2_HID

HOTAS1_USB HOTAS2_USB

So MSFS 2020 just can’t map the device. My X52 is very old, however. Maybe there were changes to the hardware and the built-in USB controller.

The INF files that come with the driver contain both versions:
inf

The GUID and PID probably changed when Saitek (who made my OLD X52 silver version) was bought out by Logitech. More than likely Logitech has a different GUID and PID. Seems like Asobo/M$ need to make a second file for the older X52 with the propoer ID’s…

At least for Game Pass users. Steam users can customize the file. I’m not sure about a purchase in the MS store.

Yep… I usually go with STEAM, but this time I stupidly decided to go with M$ Game Pass… never again.

1 Like

It recognized my x52 and had a default profile for it. I re mapped all the buttons though because I didn’t like them how they were. I left the axis stuff alone since those were correct.

This will however not fix ALL the buttons as your title says. Just like Xplane some of the buttons on the joystick will not work. Like the pinky switch and mode selector on the side. It will let you map the pinky switch, but it doesn’t actually control anything.

When you get this controller you get the impression it will do all these cool things wiht extra buttons and modes. Which it probably does in the game it was designed for. However in flight sims it tends to be a bit crippled. Unless I simply don’t know what I am doing which could be very possible lol. I have googled it though and mostly what I found was that is just how it is.

I don’t have a driver installed for mine, or rather just what windows decided to install for it to work…As such, my pinky switch doesn’t work either. However, I installed the drivers and profiler and then the pinky switch worked. I was just testing stuff though, I have no use for that button and didn’t want all the logitech rubbish installed / running, so reverted back. Every other button / function works, aside from the pinky one.

I have all the drivers and software and updated firmware. Like I said, I can map the pinky button, it recognizes it. It just doesn’t actually do anything when you try to use it. Maybe my switch is broke? But I don’t think so because it registers as working when you test it.

At this point though I can do without it. Even if I could get it to work I don’t think I would re map my buttons again.

Hi, I have the x52 pro and an struggling to set the brakes up properly. I am currently using the slider on the front of the throttle control (I believe this is the U axis) but the slider only works as an off and on, is there any way to have gradual braking? Thanks.

Funny thing.
After my ticket regarding the old X52 FCS was deleted without any comment, I have now received this answer:

Next Mail from today:
update2

Edit: New Mail

I have just opened a ticket as well. While I can use the controller after manually mapping all the buttons, it would be nice if there was a default to select and if the image shows so I can reference it quickly in game.

UPDATE: They have responded to my ticket similarly as above. They’ve added it as a bug. There is hope.

Any update on your mail? new patcfh still same freakin issue

Not yet. I’m still waiting for a new message.

I thought it was just my old stick, appears there are others with the pinky switch functionality not being recognized by the sim…perhaps it will be addressed in the next patch…i’ve been able to utilize most of the buttons and switches as I had them configured with FSW and FSX…I am hoping that this time around the sim continues to grow and improve…

I have the same issue. Mode switch and pinkie all recognised in the Logitech software and control panel, but do nothing in the sim. I hope it gets fixed as will make life easier instead of going back to the keyboard!