Three registrations, same livery. Help Required

I am trying to do three similar liveries for the Aerosoft DHC6. Only difference is the registrations.
Problem : The first aircraft I have done is called, in the community folder, “aerosoft-aircraft-twin-otter-Hygge”. (apparently Hygge is Norse for Togetherness). That works fine, the livery shows up. BUT, when I change the folder name in the community folder to “aerosoft-aircraft-twin-otter-Hygge_G-AACA” it won’t show up, even though I have activated it in the MS Linker program. Remove the G-AACA from the folder name, and it works again. I’m sure there was something about the Title line in the aircraft.cfg? But that doesn’t help. Any ideas? (Did a similar thing with the Black Box Islander, same livery, three registration folders and no problems!)

I thought the twin otter doesn’t allow custom registration :-/

You’re right. I have the community folders, with the registration included in the name, working individually, but when you have more than one livery in the community folder, only one shows in the MSFS livery selection.

keep in mind each livery must have a unique name, if there is few livery sharing the same name they will don’t show so if you use a livery twice but just changing the folder name, think to give a unique name on the aircraft.cfg or both livery will disappear I thought
maybe you should detail your issue on the " twin otter baby! thread

the game doesnt really care about the addon folder name (it needs to be unique only so it doesnt overwrite files)

this is also true for the Title in the manifest.json which should also be edited to something unique (notepad will do the trick)
the manifest Title is what the ‘addon’ itself is called and will show in the Content Manager

the game reads the names from the aircraft.cfg, so in addition to the folder name and manifest you need to edit that as well (again notepad will work just fine)
you should change the Title and the ui_variation at the least (ui_variation is the name that shows in the hanger, without changing that it ‘cant’ show as a separate livery)

EDIT: i forgot to mention the SimObjects/Airplanes folder name, this should also be changed to something unique to prevent file conflicts, but be sure to edit or rewrite the layout.json with this one or it wont load (look for MSFSlayoutgenerator on github, a great little util that makes this a snap)

1 Like

thanks for the clarification, in my head those detail are a bit confuse

Thanks for the comprehensive info. I’ll give that a try.

Works! Many thanks.