Throttle issue with BN-2A Trislander

I bought the Trislander on Xbox a couple days ago, and (at the time of this writing) both the MKIII-1 and MKIII variants fly great. However, the Aurigny variant’s throttles fail after several minutes on the ground. I always begin my flights cold & dark, so it isn’t uncommon for me to have the engines at 1100-1200 rpm while I set up my flight plan. I don’t know if it’s something I am doing or if it’s a glitch, but the starboard engine begins to throttle back uncommanded. The port and rear engines soon follow in sequence. Trying to increase throttle does nothing; at best I’ll get an increase of a couple hundred revs. According to the aircraft manual, ground idle must be no higher than 1200 and no lower than 1000. Even if nothing happens in the sim, I can’t abide by that level of immersion breaking. Flying is completely out of the question for obvious reasons. Is anybody else having this issue?

Here is the Trislander thread, some great info in here. Make sure you are using carb heat, she likes and needs it, I found out during flight when I lost an engine. haha. Love this plane!

1 Like

Do I really need to use carb heat even if the ambient temperature is above 10C? The ambient temperature at Alderney is 11C. The carb air temperature gauge is reading about 17C.

Yes, because there are pressure drops in the carbs ( it shouldn’t ice up before you start the engine in 11C ). Make sure the carb temp gauges are out of the yetllow segments ( make sure you switch to each carb regularily too ). Alderney is probably quite humid :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have any experience with failing engines on the ground, but then again, after cold and dark, I also engage the fuel pumps during start up. So, maybe that is the cause.